Look what I found in my attic

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Troopermanaic

Look what I found in my attic

Post by Troopermanaic »

Let me first off say that this is my first post here, I found this site from Beatyourtruck.com

Basically used only once ever, its is fantastic condition with only a little bit of blemishes.

I honestly dont know what to do with it, its been sitting since the day I got it and it is original.
From the information I was able to gather that this is one of the first production RC10 they had out there, originally it had no stamp but they quickly added one, this particular model was made in 1984 and has an A stamped on the engine plate.

Considering all this is original and the condition its in I wont be using it at all, its sad its got the small blemishes but to tell you the truth if you saw it for the first time and didnt study it you would think its BRAND NEW other then the fact that the rims are a little scuffed from its first time use many years ago.

I dont have a battery for it anymore because I haven't been into the RC business in over a year so I cant test if it works or not but its such a exciting find.

Ruffy
Approved Member

Re: Look what I found in my attic

Post by Ruffy »

Welcome to the forums!
Yeah you have an old one there, looks like either a late edinger or early cadillac version (edinger and cadillac are the street address's of the Associated facility back then). Not the earliest we have seen as she has an A stamp (there are No-Stamp RC10's out there which are the 1st ones produced in 1984), but your buggy is nice still!
The thing I like the most is the old body and paint job!

Check out the "25 years of the RC10" thread for more info on your buggy, and also check out the Gallery for members buggies and restorations.

Congratulations!

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

Hi Trooper! I thought you'd show up here :) This is a great site and you'll get a lot of info about your find.

Here's some info on those sway bar links I mentioned http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20965

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

Welcome to RC10Talk. Very nice car you have there. Also like the vintage paint job. I am also liking the rear sway bar set up.

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

Wow, what a find. Most of us would kill for one of those in our attics! (Not literally, of course!! :lol: )

Its a real treasure. Keep it and love it dearly!! (Or sell it to meeeeeeee!!! :lol: )
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

Troopermanaic

Post by Troopermanaic »

I would have thought this was a Cadillac because of where the stamp is located and the fact the stamp is A, also the way wings buttons are shaped BUT there is things that prove its not a Cadillac and the tires are a main giveaway to support that theory. The Cadillac had 4 ribed tires which this one has 7, the early Edinger tires had nothing on the tire sidewall also what I found out is the the first edition Edinger had no stamp but quickly added one once they started to change the design on some of the parts. A was the first stamp.

This is a very rare RC car it was the transition from early Edinger to mid Edinger & Cadillac "probably redesigned before they moved" and not too many of them were made. The only years this RC could have been made was 1985-1987 "but I suspect it wasn't made in 87 they started making the thicker back shock tower in 1985 which this RC has and they discontinued the 7 ribbed tire with no letters in 87 which this RC has as well. and though it has the same model number as the late Edinger RC10 its actually the early generation which explains the gear cover "frosted white not clear and still the original shape, the mid generation was the same but other key parts was different.

Basically its some weird hybrid with early and mid Edinger and Cadillac parts but the strange thing is that all this came from one box there is something that I have to be missing here. I wish I had the box.

I forgot to mention that supports my theory is that the battery straps aren't nylon they are white plastic and the wheel bolts are plastic and has the finger things on them.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Troopermanaic wrote:I would have thought this was a Cadillac because of where the stamp is located and the fact the stamp is A, also the way wings buttons are shaped BUT there is things that prove its not a Cadillac and the tires are a main giveaway to support that theory. The Cadillac had 4 ribed tires which this one has 7, the early Edinger tires had nothing on the tire sidewall also what I found out is the the first edition Edinger had no stamp but quickly added one once they started to change the design on some of the parts. A was the first stamp.

This is a very rare RC car it was the transition from early Edinger to mid Edinger & Cadillac "probably redesigned before they moved" and not too many of them were made. The only years this RC could have been made was 1985-1987 "but I suspect it wasn't made in 87 they started making the thicker back shock tower in 1985 which this RC has and they discontinued the 7 ribbed tire with no letters in 87 which this RC has as well. and though it has the same model number as the late Edinger RC10 its actually the early generation which explains the gear cover "frosted white not clear and still the original shape, the mid generation was the same but other key parts was different.

Just for reference, where are you getting the information that you have posted here about this car?
Basically its some weird hybrid with early and mid Edinger and Cadillac parts but the strange thing is that all this came from one box there is something that I have to be missing here. I wish I had the box.

I forgot to mention that supports my theory is that the battery straps aren't nylon they are white plastic and the wheel bolts are plastic and has the finger things on them.

Troopermanaic

Post by Troopermanaic »

OOPS I seem to be wrong about a couple things in my last post, I am very confused about this RC I did some research but most of it doesn't make sense. I guess ill eventually find out that exactly this RCs model number and year it was made.