D Nozzle

jrx2 reproduction body?

Post by D Nozzle »

Does anyone make a jrx2 body?

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Re: jrx2 reproduction body?

Post by slapshot1979 »

Mr.Lexan, check the buisness section of this site.
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

If you cant get one from Mr Lexan, these arent anywere as nice as his but its a body.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAM-LOSI-JRX2-JRX-2-JR-PRO-JRXT-BODY-AND-WING-/150404314202?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item2304cbb45a
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

KV78
Approved Member

Post by KV78 »

I sent Mr lexan an e-mail a few weeks ago about a JRXT body but he is yet to reply. His profile states that he hasn't been on here since July. Any suggestions?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Jay has been busy with a pro mountain bike team. He should be here from time to time.

Mad Racer
Approved Member

Post by Mad Racer »

bearrickster wrote:If you cant get one from Mr Lexan, these arent anywere as nice as his but its a body.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAM-LOSI-JRX2-JRX-2-JR-PRO-JRXT-BODY-AND-WING-/150404314202?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item2304cbb45a

Nothing wrong with TBG ones. His first version were prone to cracking up BUT that was his very first re po shell too. With 3 yrs of doing re po shells and many new advancements in tooling. Vacume forming machines and better quality lexan his latest version are really good with over spray film too. Still not quite OME but Not OME price either . Have a look how many he has sold too.

Cheers
Mark
Vintage . Older is Better !!!!!!! Vintage At Boondal, Australia.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/548133-off-road-vintage-boondal.html

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

Teambluegroove makes some nice bodies, in general.. they may not be up to 100% standards that a RC Company would hold themselves too, but i see in his body he strives for perfection for sure. Its not shloppy bodies. Ive bought bodies on here from members that have been reproduced that have bubbles in the lexan from moisture, really thin spots, and light lines. (not mrlexan, his bodies are superior for sure).

Ive bought 8 bodies recently from TBG, and they really were all great shape. some lines were "light" but they were there, and for a body that just isnt produced anymore and rare, im happy to spend the $25 on them for sure. People knock his quality, but for the price and availability, cant be beat. he is doing a huge service for sure and happy to have him reproducing for the community.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

TBG probably used one one of jay's bodies to make theirs (just like some of their others). so in a way, you're kinda getting a mrlexan shell.......

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

But, in a way you are not paying Jay-

Mad Racer
Approved Member

Post by Mad Racer »

mikedealer wrote:Teambluegroove makes some nice bodies, in general.. they may not be up to 100% standards that a RC Company would hold themselves too, but i see in his body he strives for perfection for sure. Its not shloppy bodies. Ive bought bodies on here from members that have been reproduced that have bubbles in the lexan from moisture, really thin spots, and light lines. (not mrlexan, his bodies are superior for sure).

Ive bought 8 bodies recently from TBG, and they really were all great shape. some lines were "light" but they were there, and for a body that just isnt produced anymore and rare, im happy to spend the $25 on them for sure. People knock his quality, but for the price and availability, cant be beat. he is doing a huge service for sure and happy to have him reproducing for the community.

Well put Mike.

I feel they knock his product before they even give him a chance. Like i said for the price you can't go wrong.

Oh one more thing. His service is second to none...
Vintage . Older is Better !!!!!!! Vintage At Boondal, Australia.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/548133-off-road-vintage-boondal.html

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

yea he does have good service, i was unhappy with a body one time where it was too thin on top, he repulled a new one and was way better and didnt charge me to re-ship it etc and i kept original one.. the one i kept wasnt good for a runner but good for a shelf car for sure.

i know people say he re-pulls other peoples bodies and such, but most people that do reproduction bodies and decals, unless pulled from the original mold are basically infringing on copyrights in one way or another... which i personally dont care about because im happy to have bodies, but i think its all fair game to be honest. in a competitive market, offer cheaper bodies and people will go to you, simple as that.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

mikedealer wrote:i know people say he re-pulls other peoples bodies and such, but most people that do reproduction bodies and decals, unless pulled from the original mold are basically infringing on copyrights in one way or another... which i personally dont care about because im happy to have bodies, but i think its all fair game to be honest. in a competitive market, offer cheaper bodies and people will go to you, simple as that.
so what you're saying is........... if you went out and spent $50+ for an out of production body to make a mold for reproduction purposes, it wouldn't irritate you one bit if someone bought one of your reproductions to make there own mold and undercut your price?

i'm sorry, that's a dick move to me.