Fox

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

blackfoot_puller

Fox

Post by blackfoot_puller »

I found this site & registered about a year ago while looking for scans of R/C Car Action, & figured now's as good a time as any to introduce myself & join in.

I got started with a Hornet for christmas in the mid 80s, found the local hobby shop the first time it needed fixed, & found r/c car action on that visit & things just took off after that. I eventually started building/repairing cars at that hobby shop, taking store credit instead of money. I'll tell you, store credit & getting things at cost is addictive. lol. By the time I drifted away from the hobby around '93, I had picked up a Blackfoot, Midnight Pumpkin, Clod Buster, Fox, Boomerang, Thunder Dragon, Avante & a Turbo Optima Mid SE. About a year & a half ago, I started looking thru my old magazines again & before I knew it was getting a Traxxas Stampede to run. The regret I have now that I'm back into it is letting all but the Fox go over the years, especially the Blackfoot, it was the first one I saved up to buy myself, the first one I built, & the one I pulled with when I was into pulling & the nr/ctpa.

Heres a pic of my Fox, fresh from an almost 20 year stay in my parents basement. It's got a Futaba mc-112b esc & a Speedworks super speedway motor in it, I'm a little foggy on where & why that motor is in it, I remember usually running a 240st in it.
Attachments
Fox 01.jpg

transamman908
Approved Member

Re: Fox

Post by transamman908 »

Welcome a year later :D Lookin through old mags might be cheaper than lookin around in here as it will empty your wallet after a while :lol: :P :lol: No really , lots of great peeps here and tons of knowledge/information.
Nice looking Fox! Looks to be a great runner. I like that front bumper. Kind of looks like the CRP chassis stiffener/bumper they make for a Falcon. Is it homemade or a aftermarket part from bitd? I've never seen one like that.
If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Welcome! That Fox looks to have a lot of life left in it! One of my favorite Tamiyas!
I can't imagine what would have happened to me with store credit as a kid... :shock:
Gary

blackfoot_puller

Post by blackfoot_puller »

The bumper is aftermarket, I don't remember now who made it but I got it to replace the original when it broke. I started to tear it down this evening & clean it up, I need to track down the little cover on the gearbox on the opposite side of the motor, & a new chassis because a few of the screw holes are worn & won't hold the screws.

Mad Racer
Approved Member

Post by Mad Racer »

Good to see you back.

Still has life in that Fox as others have said.

If a few screws are stripped in the chassis that;s still ok to run. I use a longer screw if really bad a drop of CA will fix it as chassis are hard to come by,

Love my Fox'es..
Vintage . Older is Better !!!!!!! Vintage At Boondal, Australia.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/548133-off-road-vintage-boondal.html

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

Definitely lots of life left in that car. With some cleaning and a few new parts, it will look great. I haven't seen that bumper before and I've been looking out for Fox aftermarket parts now for a few years. So hang on to that as it will make your car pretty unique. Keep a look out on Ebay for the parts you need. There are generally enough supplies that come up relatively frequently so that you can source every new part you need.

I don't think the Fox will ever be repro'd by Tamiya so of all the cars you owned it is probably the more unique one to have hung on to. Keep posting pics of your rebuild...