RC Injuries?!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slapshot1979
Approved Member

RC Injuries?!

Post by slapshot1979 »

So surely Im not the only one who has self-inflicted injuries from working on or driving R/C's so lets here em.

I can start

What got me thinking about this thread was tring to impregnate my left index finger with a pair of pliers, while tring to install the hinge pin from front bulkhead to chassis on a xx tonight.......yes it hurt...no I didnt cry :lol:
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

socal jared
Approved Member

Re: RC Injuries?!

Post by socal jared »

I am good for at least one strained muscle or bruise by car every time I marshall :mrgreen:
Honestly though, I just gave myself a nice fat blister on the thumb from a spur, and last week like a total dumb ass I switched models on my M11x and had to dive for my scte, giving myself a nice sliced finger in the process.

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

When I got my rc10t3 team I stayed up all night putting it together, the next day I started on the wheels/tires. I opened the bag of tires, the plastic was hard to rip so I brought it close to my chest while ripping the plastic (picture opening a bag of chips), when it opened it some really nasty/chemical/stale air shot right into my lungs, and I swear little black bugs flew out. After that happened I was sick for almost a whole week coughing up nasty phlegm. I also use to solder in my room, and let the smoke go right into my face and lungs. Not smart but I didnt know any better back then.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

oh boy, do i love it when i'm hacking away on a suspension piece and the x-acto knife feels it needs to take the offramp right into my finger. and thank goodness for cordless screwdrivers, or my hands would looks like claws by now.

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

I've done all the usuals like managing to stab myself with various rc tools.

The worst/best i did was supergluing my thumb and forefinger together. I did it while gluing tyres and hadn't realised i'd squeezed lots of it on to my fingers instead of the tyre. I think it took half an hour with my hand in a hot soapy bowl of water to eventually peel them apart :lol:

Paul.

eeeks

Post by eeeks »

Wow...

I'm an audio engineer by trade...and work on cars (1/1 and 1/10th) for fun...I cant count the number of times I've impaled, electrocuted, inhaled, cut, bruised etc etc, myself over the years....

Both for fun...and for profit....

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

xacto cuts and soldering burns are probably the worst i have had.

marshalling 1/8 and 1/5 scale can be hazardous to your health as well, but i have remained unscathed.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

couple of memorable ones.....

ran my own car into my ankle, and the adjustable sway bar end gave me a nice puncture wound. That hurt for a little.

I was trimming the width of rim that had a thick bead, nylon. Not sure what model but I've seen them on ebay before. gray small diameter for foam tires. maybe CRP, not sure, took 5x11mm bearings and had a 6 hole pattern in them.

so after working on some really rusty stuff all day, i'm trimming this wheel and my hands are filthy and orange. Fresh x-acto blade and slippery nylon=5 stitches in my left pointer finger. Worst part is that I had to scrub my hands in the er so I can get stitched up.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

I guarantee doug has everyone covered when it come to r/c injuries.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

slapshot1979 wrote:What got me thinking about this thread was tring to impregnate my left index finger with a pair of pliers, while tring to install the hinge pin from front bulkhead to chassis on a xx tonight.......yes it hurt...no I didnt cry :lol:
I've not done that with pliers, but I have done it with a drill while driving screws. Sometimes the drill likes to jump out of the screw head and right through the tip of whatever finger is handiest. I never cry either, but there are usually plenty of inappropriate words to be uttered! :shock: :lol: A close second is when the sights on my hammer go out of alignment. Unfortunately, the only way to bring them back into alignment is to mash a thumb. Also unfortunately, hammers must be tuned to the user, so everyone must align the sights for themselves. :mrgreen:

But then you were asking for RC related injuries. Glad I'm not the only one who has tried to inspect a flywheel in motion. :roll: Like an idiot, I grabbed the flywheel on my T-Maxx as it was coming to a stop. Funny how you only do that ONCE! LOL :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Yes, all of the above. Did anyone mention tire burn yet? :)
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I CA/kicker glued a friends lips to his coke bottle during a race once....we were just trying to glue it on......but he got to it before it set up or we could stop him.....

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I CA/kicker glued a friends lips to his coke bottle during a race once....we were just trying to glue it on......but he got to it before it set up or we could stop him.....
Nice :lol: How long did it take before someone fessed up some de-bonder?
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

About 1min- :lol:

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I CA/kicker glued a friends lips to his coke bottle during a race once....we were just trying to glue it on......but he got to it before it set up or we could stop him.....
i did that to a coworker, cheap "super glue" didn't set and he got it on his lips, needless to say he was pissed.
we're still good friends though.