Slotcarrods Bruiser

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Slotcarrods Bruiser

Post by slotcarrod »

A few weeks ago, I was at big national race in Kamloops BC with my son Cody Littau, for MX. So I took along my new little toy and began building it in my trailer in between his races, and at night when there was nothing to do.

My view from the dining table in the trailer aka work area (Don't show these pics to the wife!)

My pit!

My son! Cody Littau

My build! :mrgreen:

illshou
Approved Member

Re: Slotcarrods Bruiser

Post by illshou »

How are the tires that come in that kit? Are they fairly soft? I'm in the midst of fixing up an origonal one and the tires are hard as a rock :shock:

Lookig good so far by the way

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

i like the 2stroke.. 2stroke = :D and iwant to ride .. fuel injected 4strokes = :evil: and i want to never ride again.. these pics remind me of when id go upstate ny to ride with my dad.. ride during the day and use rcs during a riding break.. then id work on rcs at night and watch a movie with my dad in the trailer..riding with my dad was some of the best times i ever had..sorry to get off topic (bruiser build) i really like the bruiser too .. id like to get one just a bit too pricy for me

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

illshou wrote:How are the tires that come in that kit? Are they fairly soft? I'm in the midst of fixing up an origonal one and the tires are hard as a rock :shock:

Lookig good so far by the way
They are like an XTR Proline, maybe a little harder. If you know what I mean?

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

longboardnj wrote:i like the 2stroke.. 2stroke = :D and iwant to ride .. fuel injected 4strokes = :evil: and i want to never ride again.. these pics remind me of when id go upstate ny to ride with my dad.. ride during the day and use rcs during a riding break.. then id work on rcs at night and watch a movie with my dad in the trailer..riding with my dad was some of the best times i ever had..sorry to get off topic (bruiser build) i really like the bruiser too .. id like to get one just a bit too pricy for me
There is a new rule in CMRC MX for this year. They have had this rule in AMA amature MX for a few years now. The rule is if you are not a pro, you can use a 250 2 stroke in the lites class! :mrgreen: As far as I'm concerned it's like cheating, but it's hard to compete against 10,000 dollar pro built 4 strokes that all the rich kids have with a stock 4 stroke, so screw it! I went out and found a nice used 08 RM250 to have a go! So far so good, one amature win and a third, also local spring series with first overall in 250!

Anyway, for the Bruiser I have the diffs, shocks and wheels mounted, I just need to build the tranny next! Pics to follow when I get a chance!

Mad Racer
Approved Member

Post by Mad Racer »

Nice Bruiser

Love the RM 250.

Nice set up you have there.
Vintage . Older is Better !!!!!!! Vintage At Boondal, Australia.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/548133-off-road-vintage-boondal.html

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

slotcarrod wrote:
longboardnj wrote:i like the 2stroke.. 2stroke = :D and iwant to ride .. fuel injected 4strokes = :evil: and i want to never ride again.. these pics remind me of when id go upstate ny to ride with my dad.. ride during the day and use rcs during a riding break.. then id work on rcs at night and watch a movie with my dad in the trailer..riding with my dad was some of the best times i ever had..sorry to get off topic (bruiser build) i really like the bruiser too .. id like to get one just a bit too pricy for me
There is a new rule in CMRC MX for this year. They have had this rule in AMA amature MX for a few years now. The rule is if you are not a pro, you can use a 250 2 stroke in the lites class! :mrgreen: As far as I'm concerned it's like cheating, but it's hard to compete against 10,000 dollar pro built 4 strokes that all the rich kids have with a stock 4 stroke, so screw it! I went out and found a nice used 08 RM250 to have a go! So far so good, one amature win and a third, also local spring series with first overall in 250!

Anyway, for the Bruiser I have the diffs, shocks and wheels mounted, I just need to build the tranny next! Pics to follow when I get a chance!
What Brusier?

I still have my 51hp (HRC Racing Japan motor) 04' CR250 and the stock motor and all the other worthless crap like bars, chain, exhaust flange, bar mounts, rims, exhaust (stock pipe was killer) 36hp motor :roll: :lol: that was in the crate that never got used, and I don't have the mineras to race MX anymore and can't stand the idea of putting a flywheel in that monster of a motor to ride in the woods :oops:

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

What Brusier?

I still have my 51hp (HRC Racing Japan motor) 04' CR250 and the stock motor and all the other worthless crap like bars, chain, exhaust flange, exhaust (stock pipe was killer) 36hp motor I just don't have the minerals to race MX anymore and can't stand the idea of putting a flywheel in that monster of a motor to ride in the woods
What Brusier? haha yea you put cool bikes in front of me i 4get rccars ... oh and just so you know a mx trick is to add weight to flywheel.. not every mxer did it but some did.. my fav 250 2stroke has always been 94-97 wr250 but i bet that hrc cr would be a ton of fun in the woods..im not the best judge of what to ride in the woods cause my fav atv for the woods is a yamaha banshee..

oh and as far as the lights class letting in 250 2strokes in thats great ..id even pick a 125 2stroke over 250 4stroke

squirrelnutz
Approved Member

Post by squirrelnutz »

Nice bikes Rod, your son looks alot like you. Is he gonna start working at PM soon?

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

squirrelnutz wrote:Nice bikes Rod, your son looks alot like you. Is he gonna start working at PM soon?
No they won't let family work together there. I think it would be for the best as I would probably just yell at him, :mrgreen: even though he's a good worker! He has a part time job at Super Store! Who am I talking to?????

Need to get some pics and some work done on this Bruiser, just have not had the time!

squirrelnutz
Approved Member

Post by squirrelnutz »

I'm new to this site, but not new to PM Hobby. It's me, Tri (Tree).

I'd love to see more pics of your bruiser. I thought about getting one, but the price is a bit up there for me right now. I did manage to get a brand new built rc10 gold pan from one of the members here in a trade. I'll have to swing by the hobby shop sometime and show you once it's all painted up and stuff.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Hi Tri, good to see you hear, finally! :lol: One of my long time customers. I think I have known you since I started working for PM Hobby. I know the Bruiser is pricy and originally I was never going to buy one, but I had some store credit built up so I thought I would splurge! :mrgreen:

As for more pics of the Bruiser. That will have to wait as I'm just too busy during the summer.

Bimdapogs
Approved Member

Post by Bimdapogs »

Tri, your avatar looks familiar. I sold an Avante on ebay maybe 2 years ago. The body was painted red. I remember shipping it to AB. Was that you that bought it?

squirrelnutz
Approved Member

Post by squirrelnutz »

Yes I think it was me that bought it. It had the technigold motor in it right? I tried to remove the paint from that body using break fluid and ended up ruining it :( . One of my next projects if I ever get around to it is to buy a re-re body and paint it red again.

Bimdapogs
Approved Member

Post by Bimdapogs »

Small world. The good thing is that they re-re'd the Avante. Before that, I remember body sets going for $400!