Robinson Racing RC10 Tracker install questions

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoldRush
Approved Member

Robinson Racing RC10 Tracker install questions

Post by GoldRush »

i recently aquired a setup and it didnt have instructions...ive tried installing it and it seems like its not a direct fit. can anyone point me in the right direction as to an instruction sheet or does anyone have one installed and could exlain what i need to do to install it...pics...what to modify to get it to work? trying to install on a stealth chassis car and would like to find more but want to know whats involved before i start drilling,cutting,and hammering to get this one to work.
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

jwscab

Re: Robinson Racing RC10 Tracker install questions

Post by jwscab »

this is the rear arm mount system with adjustable toe correct? Yes, you need to drill an access hole in the bottom to allow you to adjust the toe, I believe it's something like two holes closely spaced so the cut is an oval opening right under the adjuster turnbuckle. Not sure if you need other holes to mount back end of the mounts, but it's possible.

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

yes correct its the rear adjustable toe setup
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

Three holes, 2 for the afjust tabs, and one (bigger) for the adjuster.you will need to cut off a piece off the rear motor guard(for graphite) so that the two tabs will not interfere when you screw in the motor guard.i'll try to find the pics when i can and post it here.

Before you drill the holes for the mount tabs, make sure that the link adjuster and the mounts (L/R) are exactly the same lenght so that when you place the holes they will line up and adjust correctly.

i did not made the screw hole for the adjuster coz i opted to adjust it from the inside but needs to remove the motor(yeah i know), it depicts the purpose but hey i also ended up removing em coz i think i will be doing great with a 3' Rpm mounts ..hahahha
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Here's a scan I made of the old RRP ad. You can see the Tracker system installed and how the two inner screw holes need to be drilled in the chassis.

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

thanks to everyone for the help....time to get the dremel out and start killing a chassis...kidding im gonna use a chassis that is being modified to the max anyways that has no real value since i bought it messed up anyways. now what a find it would be to find an original adjuster tool for this and maybe tecnacraft turnbuckles

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

I guess that seals the question Jeremy. Thanks.. :-)

I got LTO_Dave RRP some time back,but i believe it did not came with a tool,happy hunting.
― Confucius

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

it all kinda clicks now...i remember having a black tub that i got second hand 2 years back and i bulit it up for a friend and it had 2 extra holes...seeing the rrp ad and now learning about installing the tracker kit i guess the mystery behind those 2 extra holes is solved now :lol:

CUDDZILLA
Approved Member

Post by CUDDZILLA »

Wow...I bet that item is pretty sweet for tuning a dirt oval chassis. What a great find!

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

CUDDZILLA wrote:Wow...I bet that item is pretty sweet for tuning a dirt oval chassis. What a great find!
i have one and just picked up another for this beast....im waiting on my new wheels and tires from bsr and an 81 camaro body from mcallister. the oval kit is a new just installed mcallister oval lowering kit.

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

that is cool ah.... anyway item was shipped this morning, hope you like it,

Thanks,
― Confucius

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

thanks again jun :D