What fits what?

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

4.whoa
Approved Member

What fits what?

Post by 4.whoa »

I'm just getting back into the hobby after a long time and have seen some awesome stuff you all have come up with. Needless to say, i's given me lots of ideas,but since these are pretty old now, some stuff isnt available,or at least hard to get. I was wondering weather parts can be mixed from 2 versions to = a third. for example I stumbled across this sweet car called the DS. well it LOOKS (to my untrained eyes) like a very skinny, lowered rc10,(I know they are all based off an rc10) meaning the arms look like 1st gen's to me (very short) but the front doesnt look very narrow. can a 10t or t2 t3 front bulkhead be used with regular or more available arms to get the same track? maybe some of the 2 piece bulkheads (seen 'em but dont know what they're from) with a custom tiny hinge brace to pull them in? Will the newer chassis take older rear suspension parts? ( so i can hack up something thats cheaper or easier to get?)

Sorry for all the ?'s but I'm hungry for knowledge :mrgreen:

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Re: What fits what?

Post by Y'ernat Al »

If you get yourself a 4-40, 6-32 and 8-32 taps, good complete set of drill bits, a hack saw, a utility knife, a rasp, as well as a set of needle files, you'd be surprised to find what fits what, :wink: but of the list you put out, not a whole lot is directly interchangable. But basically you need to try stuff out. Buying really beat up "rollers" off the 'bay and playing around is one way. Surfing this site is another.
- Brian -

My Gallery

4.whoa
Approved Member

Post by 4.whoa »

Y'ernat Al wrote:If you get yourself a 4-40, 6-32 and 8-32 taps, good complete set of drill bits, a hack saw, a utility knife, a rasp, as well as a set of needle files, you'd be surprised to find what fits what, :wink: but of the list you put out, not a whole lot is directly interchangable. But basically you need to try stuff out. Buying really beat up "rollers" off the 'bay and playing around is one way. Surfing this site is another.
HaHa, yeah i know, but i'd like to hear if something didnt work, so I dont kill otherwise good parts :wink:

I JUST bought a t3 roller and the nose looks so narrow..Image. I have a problem with my searches, it keeps ignoring the important stuff like t3,t4... how can i make it use that info?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

if you're searching t3 and t4 on here, it ignores it because this is a vintage site. :mrgreen:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

scr8p wrote:it ignores it because this is a vintage site. :mrgreen:
Ageist snob...

:lol:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

:lol:

4.whoa
Approved Member

Post by 4.whoa »

Does the the motor plate from the 6 gear trans fit on a 2.25 stealth? I've seen some gold ones on stealths, but i want to be sure.

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

4.whoa wrote:Does the the motor plate from the 6 gear trans fit on a 2.25 stealth? I've seen some gold ones on stealths, but i want to be sure.
with some of the tools mentioned above "yes" 4-40 drill/tap...JohnnySr

4.whoa
Approved Member

Post by 4.whoa »

rc10johnny wrote:
4.whoa wrote:Does the the motor plate from the 6 gear trans fit on a 2.25 stealth? I've seen some gold ones on stealths, but i want to be sure.
with some of the tools mentioned above "yes" 4-40 drill/tap...JohnnySr
:wink: i meant without being made to,thanks. there's a 6 gear, with a blue light speed heatsink plate on ebay if anyone's interested.