Time to pass on the collection. NOT!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Time to pass on the collection. NOT!

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Well guys I think it's time for me to move on. For the past year I've been flying and building RC helicopters and modding my 1:1 Camaro. I've hardly touched any of my RC car projects and they're just sitting around collecting dust. I've decided it's finally time to pass on my RC car collection to someone who will appreciate them more. I'd rather have someone enjoy them instead of having them just sitting in boxes. I'm going to post them up in the BST section this weekend. I really hope these car can pass to some of you guys instead of on e-Bay where they could end up being parted out. I'm not looking to get rich (like that would actually happen in any hobby I seem to be involved in :| ) and will negotiate. The built cars need really good homes. I also have boat loads of parts I'll be putting up as well. I hope you guys will be interested.

Just a small sample.

RC12i IFS

RC12e

RC12e

Custom RC10L

RC10 JG Oval conversion

Need a set of NOS aluminum wheels for your RC10 Sprinter?

How about NOS RC12 wheels and tires?

Vintage aluminum RC10 wheels for restore? Got you covered!

I'm not even showing the boxes of parts and project cars here. It's a lot! Check out the BST section this weekend.

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Re: Time to pass on the collection.

Post by tamiyadan »

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Sad to see you getting rid of these, and what a top notch collection of cars.

Too bad I'm not in a position to buy as I just really need a 12e and 12i to complete my collection.

Best of luck to you.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Interests often are cyclic, you are hot and heavy into something and then one day it's all bleah... A year or 3 down the road you walk by something.. lift the cover off something.. glance at something on the internet, and boom it is all about that thing again.

I at one point liquidated all my RC, I had gotten into different things... And then they caught my attention like a hot red sports car through a quoata fueled speed trap. I ended up spending lots of money replacing all the items I had sold for basically pennys earlier.

If you are not hurting for money, store those prizes securely. Some day you or a family member will find a real treasure.
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

rraeford
Approved Member

Post by rraeford »

I totally disagree. Sell away! I've had my eye on that red Osella for some time. Wringing hands...heh heh.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

clm wrote:Interests often are cyclic, you are hot and heavy into something and then one day it's all bleah... A year or 3 down the road you walk by something.. lift the cover off something.. glance at something on the internet, and boom it is all about that thing again.

I at one point liquidated all my RC, I had gotten into different things... And then they caught my attention like a hot red sports car through a quoata fueled speed trap. I ended up spending lots of money replacing all the items I had sold for basically pennys earlier.

If you are not hurting for money, store those prizes securely. Some day you or a family member will find a real treasure.
Hmmmm...... you do have a point. I've always been a car guy at heart whether they are models or full scale. I may end up keeping the finished ones but, the uncompleted ones and mountains of project cars and parts really need to go. I simply have too much clutter in my house.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

My whole thing is that I can't find things I need in my house because of all the hobby stuff I have everywhere. It's just too much stuff. Now I have helicopters starting to pile up. :lol: Some of it has to go.

In my hall closet I have boxes of completed scale models I've built over the years. Some are over 17 years old!

Unfinished scale models in the same closet. The PT boat is massive!

A 17lb (no joke!) Tamiya 1/16 Tiger tank. I'll never part with it by the way. :mrgreen:

In the shed, you guessed it, more models!

Helicopters are now multiplying. The small one just appeared last week. :mrgreen: Scale helicopters aren't cheap to build, the sale of some of my car projects can help finance my new addiction.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

rraeford wrote:I totally disagree. Sell away! I've had my eye on that red Osella for some time. Wringing hands...heh heh.

That car can't be sold. Gomachv made that chassis for me and gave me a bunch of parts. I would have to return it to him out of respect. I'll probably keep the completed cars , but I do have an Osella body and a complete chassis that can be restored with new tires and wheels that I'll put up for sale. Hard to find Associated 1/12 chrome wheels and new foam tires that is.

rraeford
Approved Member

Post by rraeford »

Okay, the Penske Camaro then? Don't tease.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

rraeford wrote:Okay, the Penske Camaro then? Don't tease.
I'll have to think about now. You should have hit me up before clm talked some sense into me. :mrgreen: I'll have lots of parts and project cars for sale though, plus the RC10 oval and Corvette RC12e.

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Sorry about that! :D

Thinning a collection is fine, easily replaceable things with no sentimental value are fine... In my collection, I will end up leaving before my Jrx2 does heh. Memories.. And if nothing you can store them in an attic and use them to insulate your house lol
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

clm wrote:Sorry about that! :D

Thinning a collection is fine, easily replaceable things with no sentimental value are fine... In my collection, I will end up leaving before my Jrx2 does heh. Memories.. And if nothing you can store them in an attic and use them to insulate your house lol

Lol, yep I would probably regret selling the built ones. After I took them out of their boxes I was already feeling that motherly love. :lol: The unfinished cars and mountains of parts will have to go though.

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Lol! As always, cold hard cash trumps sentimentality! :)
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

clm wrote:
Lol! As always, cold hard cash trumps sentimentality! :)
It would have to be very nice offer. :mrgreen: I've never sold any of my cars before, just curious as to what someone would be willing to pay. I'll never get back the amount of work I put into them that's for sure!

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

PlastiZapCA+ wrote:It would have to be very nice offer. :mrgreen: I've never sold any of my cars before, just curious as to what someone would be willing to pay. I'll never get back the amount of work I put into them that's for sure!
So why even consider any offers on them? Relatively speaking, money is easy to come by. You can always get more of it. Exceptional examples of vintage RC cars, on the other hand, are exceedingly rare and difficult to find.
Something clever goes here...