AE new products question

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC Chick
Approved Member

AE new products question

Post by RC Chick »

Does anyone know if AE is going to be building, releasing, or toying with the idea of a RC10T5?

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Re: AE new products question

Post by templeofspeed »

Only a matter of time... :wink:

There's the TC5 and soon to be released RC12L5.

I don't know about a B5 or B55. :? But likely they'll keep in front of Losi. :D

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

i think a b5 is definetly in the works... usually they get launched a few months before major races like the worlds.. the b4 has been around for quite a while now and it is a pretty decent car... i cant think of much to improve it to be honest, a couple small things maybe... but i cant see a whole new car being designed around the changes

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

Erich is staying very tight lipped I see! What does he know? ;)

i know AE have released an updated FT B4 in the UK recently, but not heard about a B5..

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

What do you mean by upadted Tom? The new Chinese gold shock shafts? :lol:

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

Asso_man! wrote:What do you mean by upadted Tom? The new Chinese gold shock shafts? :lol:
Yep and a few more bits like Plastic Chassis, different box(art) and a couple of other minor rolling changes.

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Everyone seems to be posting rumors on diff. forums.
I won't buy into it until i see spy shots from a big event like WORLDS or a national level race.

If you look back at the beginning stages of RC and the transformations that the RC10 underwent, esp. looking at the Worlds / Stealth car, I can see the desire for rapid improvement. lately, if you look at technology and how AE is performing here and around the world, it tends to dominate.

Here is my opinion on the B4/T4 vs B5/T5 debate:

There isn't much more you can really change IMO about the truck and buggy. W/ components getting lighter, you really can't remove material from the chassis since they have minimum weight requirements. I don't really see how much "tuning" can be made. I mean, I think I posted in another thread of similar topic about how the # of holes in the shock towers and rear bulk head has changed.

Since I own the original 10 and the B4, You can obviously see how the technology has changed and how material has morphed to lighter space-age like material. It would be pretty cool to sit down with Gene and Roger and compare and contrast the old with the new and see if they could have dreamed that the RC10 would have come this far from what they initially designed.

MOmo.

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

more importantly than a b5/t5(to me anyway), will they be doing any limited or special editions next year to commemorate the 25'th anniversary of the RC10?
Maybe something as simple as an RTR b4 with the original rc10 boxart paint scheme?

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

I would think the next level of evolution would center around Lipo and brushless systems.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

hkp wrote:Erich is staying very tight lipped I see! What does he know? ;)

i know AE have released an updated FT B4 in the UK recently, but not heard about a B5..
Spill it brother, you're not in the industry anymore.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Actually am, back to doing a little writing here and there and some other little side projects. Even if i wasn't though, if someone told me somehting I DEFINITELY can't say anything. Lots of fun on the horizon though hehe.

"I know 1000 secrets and each one is worth my life" :twisted:

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Not the best pic, but here is the orig. Box art for the B4.

The "new" B4 box has the euro champ Craig D's car on the box. i don't know the exact differences.

MOmo

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

Here is the reason for me asking, I am so close to having enough to buying a new t4 kit that when I do I don't want a darn T5 to come out in like 6mos making the new truck I just got a hard to find parts for runner/ basher. The whole purpose of me upgrading is to not have this problem. If I could get an idea then Id wait and deal with my T2's. I know how my luck is Im going to get screwed on this.

superfly
Approved Member

Post by superfly »

I could see them changing the gearbox ratios to suit the retarded amount of power that the new brushless systems pump out. And because the batteries are lighter with the Lipos you kinda need to run Lead weights in certain places to get the correct feel in the traction department. I'm running almost 1.5 oz of lead in the rear of my B4. I still think the weak link in the car is the shocks...I mean there must be some improvement that can be made to them...I think that having the red shock seals swell with ummm shock oil is slightly stupid...And i think there is too much slop in the front end...I'm running shimms everywhere...and the steering can be improved. That servo saver is good but I dont think its perfect and it can have slop in it. Put an aluminum rear motor guard on as standard equipment would be nice. The optional ones really protect the motor in racing bumps and hits. Adjustable rear toe? In the box caster blocks 20-25-30?

They can always make things better :lol: