Any parents with little babies?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Jim454

Any parents with little babies?

Post by Jim454 »

I'm gonna be a father and looking for baby bassinets to set it next to our bed. My wife wants one to hang some toys on the top. I'm not good at this stuff... Can anybody help?

Firstly I wanna thank you guys for your support! Cause I was a bit irritated about this stuf. But we've already ordered a pretty good new bassinet for my baby! Finnaly! Such a weight off! My wife read lot of book and magazines about parenting, that was her favorite https://books.google.com.ua/books?isbn=0323390196. And I was advised to search for good deal on this web site https://www.evababygear.com/best-baby-bassinets/
Man that was so complicated to choose the one of them! Cars don't have such a wide range of models as bassinets do lol! For any taste including hight adjustment, vibration, lightning, music modes and many others!! So I shifted responsibility for choice to my wife :)

KidAgain

Re: Any parents with little babies?

Post by KidAgain »

Jim454 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 am I'm gonna be a father and looking for baby bassinets to set it next to our bed. My wife wants one to hang some toys on the top. I'm not good at this stuff... Can anybody help?
Your already a nervous wreck bud chill out everything will be fine, just go online punch in the key words and your head will spin with the options. Make sure the bassinet is level with the bed so all you guys have to do is turn your head to see the baby.

Good luck bud fun stuff ahead of you.

jake
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

yeah, you will be fine, just remember the crying and fussing feels like an hour, but it's only 15 minutes.

check all your local stores, amazon, etc and see what models of bassinets are out there....gotta be one that's just perfect for what you are looking for.

be sure to tag team to help both of you get sleep the first year. She has the baby, you take a nap, you take the baby, she takes nap. very important to get the sleep you need.

if they are fussy and you've got the fresh diaper and they aren't hungry, rub their belly, usually if they are fussy, they are gassy/churning, their little digestive system hasn't gotten it all figured out yet. rubbing their bellies gets the system primed.

my one son wouldn't fall asleep unless my wife was dancing and rocking around with music playing. craziest thing. and when they can start to see better, like maybe a month, they love to look at leaves on trees.

the one last piece that really gets you is that they change on about a 2 week interval, but it could be 2 weeks or 1 month, or 6 weeks, etc. you will get a system down that works, and they will totally change on you and you have to start over. as they put on weight, at about 11 lbs, they really tone down with the fussiness.

Jim454

Post by Jim454 »

Thanks guys! Seems like you are battle-hardened men! Your wife dancing for a baby, that's funny! :) Hope I wont do the same for my kid...
I mean there is a wide range of these cribs, bassinets etc so Im a bit fed up with it..

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

Jim454 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:55 am Thanks guys! Seems like you are battle-hardened men! Your wife dancing for a baby, that's funny! :) Hope I wont do the same for my kid...
I mean there is a wide range of these cribs, bassinets etc so Im a bit fed up with it..
Just whatever you do buy new because you never no if their has been a recall on a baby item....................
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44