Hello from north jersey

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Tinman22

Hello from north jersey

Post by Tinman22 »

Thanks for the add! Stumbled across my old rc10 (1990ish) a few weeks ago and decided I might just get it going again to bump around the farm. Maybe chase the dogs and horses around. Anyway doing some reading it looks like I'm going to be on the hunt for some goodies. Batteries and chargers (nicad) are long gone and recycled, so at a minimum I'll be looking for a xmitted and receiver ,batteries and charger. If it will work out I may try to hold on to the novak 610rv speed controller and whatever Orion brushed motor is in there at the moment. Although from what I have been reading I may be better off going brushless and just go all fresh on the electronics.
So with that I'm open to suggestions. A good bit of the posts that relate to my situation seem dated and alot of the links are not valid anymore. In the meantime I'll keep reading up.

Thanks

KidAgain

Re: Hello from north jersey

Post by KidAgain »

I hate to say it but grab yourself some cheap IMPORT Brushless package with a lipo and charger and don’t look back bud.

After you get acclimated with them upgrade to some proper more quality IMPORT electronics :wink:
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Welcome aboard. :D
Doug

Tinman22

Post by Tinman22 »

Haha yeah I suspected I would be better off ditching the vintage items. I won't be heart broken in any way to move up a few decades in technology. Actually entertaining futaba 3pl or pv transmitter receiver package. As for the rest... Still doin my homework. Thinking something in the 4600kv range for a motor and the appropriate speed controller. And some shorty battery packs.