OOP Associated and Parma bodies

Show off your paintwork, tips/tricks, decals, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rraeford
Approved Member

OOP Associated and Parma bodies

Post by rraeford »

I have been buying up some of the new rereleased bodies from Sabula Tech (which are good, BTW) and I have tracked down quite a few other bodies I have wanted through various sources like RJ Speed, Mr Lexan and Wind Tunnel Racing. It made me curious as to the whereabouts of other molds from the likes of Associated and Parma.

I know Bob Stormer got Parma to reproduce the 1/12 scale Osella and Schkee bodies (and maybe others) a few years back—I bought a stack of them. Did Associated sell their molds for their 1/12 scale bodies? It's not like they’ll ever be back in that business again. Can you call them up and place an order for a minimum number?

Did someone manufacture the bodies for Associated or were they made in house? Parma has a few bodies I would like to see reproduced. I know the cost of doing this may be too much to justify a production run. Just wondering if anyone out there knows where these molds wound up or are they just sitting somewhere getting dusty.

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Re: OOP Associated and Parma bodies

Post by GeneralZod »

I was hoping the bodies in the following link would be produced again. Some of those GTP bodies look nice. Haven't heard anything since. https://www.bigsquidrc.com/andys-rc-products-vintage-bodies/

I too would like to see Parma vintage bodies pulled once again but haven't seen any news.

Even some old Protoforms would be nice to see again. Like the good ol P35! Protoform......are you listening?
0007512-3.jpeg

rraeford
Approved Member

Re: OOP Associated and Parma bodies

Post by rraeford »

Yeah, these things usually come down to money. They have the molds but not the will or ability to invest. Or who knows what happened? Maybe one more victim of COVID-19 (economically speaking). I see that Bob Stormer is selling a couple of NASCAR molds. I am just happy that many of my favorites are available again.