frustrating issue

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rc10DS fan
Approved Member

frustrating issue

Post by rc10DS fan »

by the time ill be able to buy a rc10, there will be none left!!!:x most sit on a shelf, never 2 b run. thats just dumb. my 2 cents.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Re: frustrating issue

Post by RETRO R/C »

rc10DS fan wrote:by the time ill be able to buy a rc10, there will be none left!!!:x most sit on a shelf, never 2 b run. thats just dumb. my 2 cents.
Thats insightful!

:shock:

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I used to say that about Hi Lux's too, until I found a box of r/c stuff at a garage sale that had it and a Fox in it. They're out there, it's finding them that's the hard part.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

rc10DS fan wrote:by the time ill be able to buy a rc10, there will be none left!!!:x most sit on a shelf, never 2 b run. thats just dumb. my 2 cents.
Time to get out there and mow some lawns.

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

My runner cost $25...obviously I have thrown a few bits on since then but as a start that's reasonable...someone on here bought a complete one for $35 the other day too, don't despair :roll:

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

dude, there are plenty of them available each week on Evilpay in "runner condition" and those will never end on a shelf unless when they aren't raced. What is more, prices for those are still very affordable and AE produced so much '10's that I don't think we'll see a shortage before we die, just my 0.2 Eurocents :wink: oh, and I just bought a World's RC10 for 75$ in fantastic shape :shock: it was listed as "radio control car" with very tiny pictures...

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

As with anything the mint shelfers will be in short supply but as others have said, there are tons of really good runner quality RC10's out there for the picking.

One way to make some good money is aluminum cans. Talk to all your neighbors and tell them what your doing and usually they would be glad to save them for you.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Funny that you mention alu cans Jim, I'm actually working for the European Aluminium Association and we're deeply implied in recycling as you can guess (among thousands of other matetrs of course). Can you get money in the US just by collecting beverage cans? In what kind of place do you give them away and for what kind of money? (totally hijacking this useless thread)

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

Asso_man! wrote:Funny that you mention alu cans Jim, I'm actually working for the European Aluminium Association and we're deeply implied in recycling as you can guess (among thousands of other matetrs of course). Can you get money in the US just by collecting beverage cans? In what kind of place do you give them away and for what kind of money? (totally hijacking this useless thread)
certain states have a deposit system whereby a certain sum(usually $.05) is paid with purchase of each qualifying container(glass/plastic, or aluminum). that deposit can be redeemed at any outlet that sells the full containers, or at special redemption centers. It is only on certain containers, usually those that contain carbonated beverages(ie beer/soda), but may vary by state. For the rest of the containers, many areas collect recyclables(sp?) separate from trash, and process them rather than dumping in a landfill.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

My city has a mandate that they have to recycle a certain percentage of garbage waste so the garbage service provides recycle bins where you put everything which is recyclable in them. Around here you can get around $1.50 a pound for aluminum cans. Many of the bums and homeless people raid the recycle bins the night before pick up for cans and bottles.

My Son’s Boy Scout troop is affiliated with a church and their congregation is encouraged to save their cans for the troop. I have participated in a few of the recycle runs where a truck load of cans is worth about $250.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Asso_man! wrote:Funny that you mention alu cans Jim, I'm actually working for the European Aluminium Association and we're deeply implied in recycling as you can guess (among thousands of other matetrs of course).
There are others! :D

Alabama doesn't have $%*&! Upsets me greatly.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

there will always be rc10's to buy.

martinthegenius
Approved Member

Post by martinthegenius »

Hey, i hate it when people assemble fast oldies like rc10s just to sit on a shelf. I race mine but i take care of them so they are in pretty good shape. ALso those propel bottles (gatoraid) spin off get 5 cents each for them. Just stop at the local safeway. THey have like 20 calories in them so people drink em by the ton. I usually give mine to my church cause recycling them is a hastle though. I make my hobbie money a much easier way- i do peoples essay and medium level math homework for them. THere are lots of easy ways to make money, and many rc10s avail. on the market now adays. Many 30 year olds have kids and their wife makes them sell and get rid of their old crap. Keep looking!

highwayracer
Approved Member

Post by highwayracer »

I'm in Illinois and our village has the re-cycling program for aluminum, plastics and paper. I spoke to someone about getting cash for my items, but they said that they get an abundant supply from the the villages/towns that re-cycle and they pay very little for those items....so It wasn't worth the gas to drive to the re-cycling plant.

Also, there's actually an ordinance (town law) where you can take anything out of the garbage can, but you can not take anything out of the re-cycling bin. I guess one generates money whicle the other costs money...I'm sure you can figure out which one generates money.

Back to the topic...

If you're looking for an RC10, you're in the right place. I think you also have to decide on what you are looking for...runner or shelf queen.

regards,
highwayracer

trx450racer174

Post by trx450racer174 »

Just keep looking you can find deals all over, i just picked one up for $5 bucks although it is gonna be a shelf queen there are many deals out there on fleabay.