The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Nemotron

Post by Nemotron »

Hello everyone,

I just joined this forum today because I just bought an old Yokomo 834 car. I have been lurking here some time and found alot of interesting stuff and pictures of this car. I'm not a big collector as many of you people I only have one car a Kyosho Scorpion. And now if the mail service does it's job I will have another in about a week, the Yokomo 834. Some people might know me from Tamiyaclub, I'm the guy that started building a Kyosho Scorpion chassis in 1:5 scale some years ago.

There are some people that have buildt their own chassis for the 834 and I was intending to do the same as the chassi plate on the one I'm getting looks a bit rough. I was thinking graphite(black) since this is whats used by most people on rc cars, but my question is how thick does it need to be to be sturdy enough? Is 3mm enough (about 1/8").

The body on 'my' yokomo needs to be replaced and I have tried to write to MrLexan about his Yokomo Bodies, does anyone know if he still sells them ? I guess there have been some trouble with the mail or something since I haven't heard from him.. I see he is a moderator here hello MrLexan ;)

Øyvind Johansen
Norway

mrlexan
Approved Member

Re: New member

Post by mrlexan »

Welcome.

To answer your question......Yes, and I did respond to your email from TC. Any other questions, let me know. Thanks.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Nemotron

Post by Nemotron »

Thanks for your fast answer, unfortunately I haven't received any mail form you so there is probably something that has gone wrong [I have checked my mail trashcan too ;) ] Can you try to mail me again I'm very interested in buying a Yokomo body from you. My mail adress is [email protected]

PS: There is an underscore _ between johansen and oyvind [johansen_oyvind]

coralguy1

Post by coralguy1 »

Welcome aboard, Nemotron! Now I'm not the Newbie anymore! :lol: You are going to love the body from Mr Lexan. I got one of his yz-10 bodies. They are nicer than the original! Look just like it but thicker! Give us some pics when that dogfighter shows up.
Doug

Nemotron

Post by Nemotron »

Just hope I MrLexan can contact me so I can place an order.
I sure will post some pics:) I'ts kind of a restoration project I think, but thats what I like. If it's too nice I can not play with it. I've sold off most of my collection of Kyosho Tomahawks and Scorpions before just because they were just sitting on a shelf afraid to get scratched ;). Got myself a hack saw today, nice to have around when making a new chassi plate for it. Hope I can make some stuff on my mini lathe for it sometime too. Hopefully sooner than later.

Øyvind Johansen
Norway

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

wellcome

what happened to the 1/5 scorpion? I hope it didn't die and we can see some pics in the other subforum ;)

Nemotron

Post by Nemotron »

The 1/5 project kind of died on me(it was very time consuming). So I sold it to a guy in England, but I have keept the original parts that vere used to make the sand casting molds in case I should change my mind sometime. I talk to the new owner of the 1/5 chassi now and then on msn but he seems to be very busy so I'm not sure about the progress of the project. Only thing I know now is he is making it into a Tomahawk.

You can see pitures of the project here in my abandoned showroom at Tamiyaclub

http://tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=11780

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Did you use to have your own site? I remember someone making a tomahawk repro body long ago in scandinavia

Nemotron

Post by Nemotron »

That is true I did make a repro body, only had about 30 of it made so it was not a good business for me I just wanted a Tomahawk very much :) I used to have a webpage about my cars. fullmetalbuggy.tk I think it was called.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

about 2 years ago I found a descent Tomahawk in a LHS (I had just moved to Japan).
While considering to buy it I found your site, which was already pretty old at that time... Are they all sold/used up now?

Nemotron

Post by Nemotron »

Yes I had 3 or 4 'mint'[atleast with alot of new parts] Tomahawks that I sold off about two years ago. Still got one Scorpion that is not mint and is supposed to be a runner someday. But I'm so bad at driving so I guess the Yokomo would be a better car for me since its 4x4 ;)
Do you have a showroom on TC ?

Nemotron

Post by Nemotron »

In my first post I asked about carbon/graphite sheets for making a new chassi for the Yokomo 834. I have searched ebay and fund this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carbon-Fiber-Graphite-Woven-Sheet-Panel-9-x12-x3-0mm_W0QQitemZ150305200348QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item150305200348&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Would it be thick enough with 3.0mm ?

coralguy1

Post by coralguy1 »

I measured the flat chassis on my YZ-10 for you. It measures 2.5mm. In my opinion, 3 mils would make a fine chassis for you.

Nemotron

Post by Nemotron »

Thanks for your help coralguy1, I guess 3mm would be enough then :)

Nemotron

Post by Nemotron »

Got the 834B yesterday, spendt some time disassembling it today. Looks like it is in a rather sorry state but hopefully I will make a runner out of this someday :)

Here are some pictures.. Didnt realize the original chassi plate was made from Kydex..
Attachments
PB290103.JPG
PB290102.JPG
PB290100.JPG
PB290099.JPG