Amazing what a difference a good paint job makes

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tizeye
Approved Member

Amazing what a difference a good paint job makes

Post by tizeye »

I have an RC10 (of course) that I've been slowly restoring. The car I now have is made up from 2 complete cars plus a new mint chassis. One of the cars came with a clear body that some clown had decided to cut an extra hole in along with a bad trimming job. Anyway there is a young guy who hangs around the local hobby shop who claimed that he was pretty good at painting RC bodies...so I put him to the test and gave him my beat up body and some box art pictures...Well the young guy was right he is bloody good at spray painting rc cars. After seeing what he can do to a pigs ear I've decided that he can also paint the body and wings on my sprint car
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9260&start=30 I can't wait to see what he can come up with..how I wish I'd shown a little faith and given him a new body to paint...oh well...

Pete
Attachments
RCcars 0642.jpg
RCcars 0532.jpg
RCcars 051.jpg

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Amazing what a difference a good paint job makes

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I would have to agree with you. He did a great job. Especially since it was done with cans. Those lines are super clean. Do you have any idea if he used a liquid mask or just tape? I would definitely trust him with you sprinter. :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I would have to agree with you. He did a great job. Especially since it was done with cans. Those lines are super clean. Do you have any idea if he used a liquid mask or just tape? I would definitely trust him with you sprinter. :mrgreen:
He uses an airbrush and compressor and Humbrol liquid mask...he does charge to paint them ($30) but in my opinion it is well worth it...his hourly rate must be like $5.00... :roll:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

tizeye wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I would have to agree with you. He did a great job. Especially since it was done with cans. Those lines are super clean. Do you have any idea if he used a liquid mask or just tape? I would definitely trust him with you sprinter. :mrgreen:
He uses an airbrush and compressor and Humbrol liquid mask...he does charge to paint them ($30) but in my opinion it is well worth it...his hourly rate must be like $5.00... :roll:
That makes sense. When you said "spray" I assumed "spraycans". After I posted that I figured I may have mis-understood. I have seen some great can jobs, if there is such a term(sounds pretty painful actually), but this one would have taken the cake. I'm actually glad he airbrushed it because weather permitting I'm giving a body a "can job" tomorrow and that would be a helluva performance to live up to. :)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Almost finished just need the right wing and some decals
Attachments
DSC012151.jpg
DSC012131.jpg