RCCA score...

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Brandon G
Approved Member

RCCA score...

Post by Brandon G »

I just recently traded a set of aluminum wheels for what my buddy called a "good collection of old RCCA magazines"... Well, when he brought them to the track, it ended up being 3 copier paper boxes full of them. He mentioned that he wanted to keep the first year, and I couldn't argue with him on that considering the amount of what was left. I believe (but I'm not sure just yet) that year 2 all the way through 2001 are in the boxes.... Holy Cow! :mrgreen:

He knew what they were worth, since he had been researching on ebay about them, but I assured him I wasn't getting them to turn around and make a quick buck. Being the nice fellow that he is he traded straight up. Lots of research material to scan through!

j.d.roost
Approved Member

Re: RCCA score...

Post by j.d.roost »

WOW. That's a super nice trade.
Good source for the "scans" fourm.

pituk
Approved Member

Post by pituk »

Great score , remember lift with your legs you probaly have 40 pounds of boxed magazines :D

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

I recently recovered my old magazines from a friend who stored them for me while I was living in Asia.
Lots of RCCA and the occasional magazine from other countries, plus flyers and catalogs.
Man, that stuff gets heavy when there's a few in the same box!

Does this stuff realy still catch good prices? I thought prices would have gone down when RCCA revealed its internet archive.
Anyway, while I wouldn't mind selling off some, they are not complete years and in well-used condition. Not worth the hassle.