mip cvd ?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Hillbillyrcer
Approved Member

mip cvd ?

Post by Hillbillyrcer »

this has probably been answered a million times before. i want to change the 1/4 rear axles to 3/16 and i want to install a mip cvd but what do i need to buy? or do they still make them for the old gold pan rc10 buggy? and later on i would like to change the tranny to a stealth. Thanks
Thunder Turtle Racing

rctenracer
Approved Member

Re: mip cvd ?

Post by rctenracer »

check out the thread in the tech forum. " parts needed to convert to 2.2 " all the parts with a link to each is stated. i asume you have a A stamp chassis so to change over to the stealth you need a B stamp chassis the stealth trans and slipper clutch. if you are not going to race the car i would just keep the six gear. check the for sale section or ebay for these parts or buy a parts cars. you can also post in the wanted section there are alot of great poeple here who will be more than willing to help you out.post some pics of what you have .

Hillbillyrcer
Approved Member

Re: mip cvd ?

Post by Hillbillyrcer »

well i am in the middle of building a dirt oval racer. i have it all stripped down and my b chassis will be here next week as well as my bearings, and the dirt oval conversion kit. i plan on racing it as soon as i get it back going. i hope it will keep up with the newer kits out there. so far i am racing a stock rtr b4 buggy and got 3rd last week at a local track. i ran aganist nitro cars so i feel like i done pretty good :D the buggy does have a lrp esc and a 19 turn brushed motor. :) i found the thread thanks for the help. i will post pictures as soon as i get it back together :wink:
Thunder Turtle Racing