TQ10 CHASSIS ID

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

97T595

TQ10 CHASSIS ID

Post by 97T595 »

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A PIC or a close up of the tq10 chassis, i know its graphite but does it look like fiberglass almost w/o the graphite weave and such. i was looking at assomans tq10 and in my box i have an rc10 that looks exactly like it with black motor plate and such. man i need to dig thru these boxes

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Re: TQ10 CHASSIS ID

Post by templeofspeed »

97T595 wrote:DOES ANY ONE HAVE A PIC or a close up of the tq10 chassis, i know its graphite but does it look like fiberglass almost w/o the graphite weave and such. i was looking at assomans tq10 and in my box i have an rc10 that looks exactly like it with black motor plate and such. man i need to dig thru these boxes
Yes it looks like fiberglass, no pronounced weave like the AE chassis, and sharp corners. Black six-gear motor plate is a good sign, too. :wink:

kenooze posted his TQ10 it's as good as you'll find, Asso_Man's is nice, the Dirty Girl is coming along nicely, hoopty and scr8p both have nice ones . Check the reader's rides or search TQ10 on the forum. There are plenty of pics.

There appear to be two different TQ10 chassis also. Early would only have one of the 12 side holes countersunk (for the antenna), a larger countersunk hole between the steering posts, and no holes at the rear of the chassis for a skid plate. Later chassis have all twelve side holes countersunk, no hole between the steering posts, and are drilled and countersunk for a rear skidplate, even though one was never fitted.

On that note, can anyone confirm that the six-gear RC10 Graphite cars actually came with the motor skid plate, one is not shown in the instructions... possibly they did not get used until the Stealth Team Graphite? That would explain all the "missing" ones... :idea:

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

I don't think the TQ10 ever came with a rear motor guard, but black motor plate on a 6-gear tranny, that's unique!