can'tseem to stay away

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RedScampi
Approved Member

can'tseem to stay away

Post by RedScampi »

5000 miles frm home on Maui and I still check ebay. :lol: Got up early this morning and bid on this DS then went for a 6 hour drive. Well, I won it at a pretty good price. Can anyone help me sort ou the goodies I bought. Not too sure what it all is.
Attachments
ds3.jpg
ds3.jpg (32.83 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
ds3.jpg
ds3.jpg (32.83 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
ds2.jpg
ds2.jpg (35.67 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
ds2.jpg
ds2.jpg (35.67 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
ds1.jpg
ds1.jpg (29.18 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
ds1.jpg
ds1.jpg (29.18 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
Gary

jwscab

Re: can'tseem to stay away

Post by jwscab »

if it has ball bearings and universals, it was probably a team car version.

looks to have a oval aftermarket chassis on it, with all the cells on the left.

hard to see anything else on the chassis itself, although it looks like the slipper was modified or something.

nice bin of spare parts, looks like 2 stealth cases, and another aftermarket one. MIP or A&L? nice stash of arms and bones.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

looks to be a slipper eliminator but can easily be incorrect. Got one on a project of mine and looks identical to it. Can't remember who made them but surely one of the oval guys can answer that sooner than later.
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

Welcome to Hawaii. only prob is, youre gonna have to start mailing stuff home!!! youll get addicted ...FAST!!

good find, 6 hr drive? was traffic bad or something?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

klavy69 wrote:looks to be a slipper eliminator but can easily be incorrect. Got one on a project of mine and looks identical to it. Can't remember who made them but surely one of the oval guys can answer that sooner than later.
Todd
Da da da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Yup it's a slipper eliminator, technically a Kranzels ( in Lemoyne PA) slipper eliminator, right off 73 home of the 2000-2003 Us Openwheel champs, ok now I'm babbling :lol: :lol: .

That car come from NY or PA?

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
klavy69 wrote:looks to be a slipper eliminator but can easily be incorrect. Got one on a project of mine and looks identical to it. Can't remember who made them but surely one of the oval guys can answer that sooner than later.
Todd
Da da da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Yup it's a slipper eliminator, technically a Kranzels ( in Lemoyne PA) slipper eliminator, right off 73 home of the 2000-2003 Us Openwheel champs, ok now I'm babbling :lol: :lol: .

That car come from NY or PA?
The car came out of Indiana actually. Thanks for all the info on it, better pics when I get it home.

Matt, We went down the Hana highway. My wife made me stop every ten feet for a photo op. :roll:
Gary

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

:lol:
"your attitude in general and had robbed you of any credibility in my opinion. honesty costs nothing by the way."
a quote from Bormac. i think he's rite.

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

the grey rpm case is a 1.96 upgrade, kinda like the 2.65 but lower ratio, sprint cars i guess.

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Thanks for the trans info. Here are a couple more auction pics for clarity.
Attachments
ds5.jpg
ds5.jpg (36.78 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
ds5.jpg
ds5.jpg (36.78 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
ds4.jpg
ds4.jpg (29.57 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
ds4.jpg
ds4.jpg (29.57 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Gary

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

mikedealer wrote:the grey rpm case is a 1.96 upgrade, kinda like the 2.65 but lower ratio, sprint cars i guess.
The grey cases 1.96 were for long straightaways,long tracks still have 2 . JohnnySr.

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

That's the catch with trying to identify some of these cars; they could be any combination of original car and aftermarket or hop-up parts. In this case, it's an RC10DS with an offset oval chassis, RPM front suspension arms, an RPM rear transmission, what appear to be longer-than-stock shocks. The box says 'Racer' version, and I see gold shocks, a couple dogbones, and what looks like a dogbone axle in the parts box, so that would be my guess for the origin.

I have enough parts to build a complete RC10T, RC10DS, and some sort of post-Team Car era buggy (minus the rear shock tower and .71" front shocks), as well as parts to make at least two more off-road or oval-spec 10Ts, and I've only bought one fill kit ever. I started with the original RC10T in 1991, then added and replaced parts, then I bought the DS conversion kit, bought some buggy parts along the way for dirt oval racing. At that point I was a tub chassis short of being able to build the first three complete cars, and I've since acquired three cheap 10Ts, mostly for the transmissions and shocks and other parts.

So it's not like identifying a Dodge Coronet to the exact trim level based on the color of the interior and the automatic transmission LOL

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

RedScampi wrote:. Can anyone help me sort ou the goodies I bought. Not too sure what it all is.
Well send it on over Gary I will be happy to sort it out for you :lol: :lol:
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

:lol: Actually, I'm not 100% sure what to do with this one. I may sell off some of the stuff to defray the purchase cost. I have been busy buying up stuff on ebay in my down time. Flying home today to see what all I got!
Gary

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

SteveK wrote:That's the catch with trying to identify some of these cars; they could be any combination of original car and aftermarket or hop-up parts. In this case, it's an RC10DS with an offset oval chassis, RPM front suspension arms, an RPM rear transmission, what appear to be longer-than-stock shocks. The box says 'Racer' version, and I see gold shocks, a couple dogbones, and what looks like a dogbone axle in the parts box, so that would be my guess for the origin.

I have enough parts to build a complete RC10T, RC10DS, and some sort of post-Team Car era buggy (minus the rear shock tower and .71" front shocks), as well as parts to make at least two more off-road or oval-spec 10Ts, and I've only bought one fill kit ever. I started with the original RC10T in 1991, then added and replaced parts, then I bought the DS conversion kit, bought some buggy parts along the way for dirt oval racing. At that point I was a tub chassis short of being able to build the first three complete cars, and I've since acquired three cheap 10Ts, mostly for the transmissions and shocks and other parts.

So it's not like identifying a Dodge Coronet to the exact trim level based on the color of the interior and the automatic transmission LOL

Great response Steve! I have full size hot rods that have been heavily modified so I follow your reasoning perfectly. Once a car leaves the showroom floor all bets are off!
Gary

martinthegenius
Approved Member

Post by martinthegenius »

your rear right tire looks like its on backwards... nice score though, that car is beautiful and that bin of spairs is fantastic!