PBR Allstars Worlds car Just about done! *pics inside*

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: My worlds car just showed up! New Pics Inside!

Post by Charlie don't surf »

In the pics he sent you there was an upturned tub, pretty well used & scratched that looks like it might have been the orig? wasn't being critical--thought it was cool that you got such a clean chassis--hope you weren't offended-, but that car is very sharp--by far one of my favorite cars

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

Oh no, of course not reg, no offense taken! I kinda figured the same thing, I mean, all the parts were available separately at one point anyway, so whos to say that somone didn't pick up some towers and a pan at the hobby shop one day (I wish they would have picked up a nose and motor plate though!!!) I got your PM on those parts, and I'm sure we can work something out, let me figure out my plan of attack here on this thing first.

On a related note, I managed to get a smoking deal on the team car and the gold tub that he was selling also.

The gold tub looks like a straight chassis with a six gear, C.C. steering belcranks, maybe some A&L stiffeners?, a few technacraft turnbuckles, and a cherry black motor plate.

The team car looks very cherry under a little dirt, he said the chassis is better than the worlds car so we'll see? It has some very nice looking shocks on it, full set of rcps buckles, A&L steering rack and an uncut decal sheet (I don't think that is anything special though?)

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

awesome looking black tub.I have project black tub gonna start soon. Awesome car, Good Job! :D
Attachments
100_0518.JPG
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

Okay, got another box today from the same seller that I got the worlds car from. After a bunch of haggling back and forth I picked up the team car he had, and the six gear he had. The team car parts, aside from being dirty, are in better shape than the worlds was when it showed, which was really nice. I might use a couple parts from it on the worlds project, but they both might get restored, not sure yet. The six gear wide track car is kinda cool I gotta admit, I'm thinking about doing a retro racer out of it since it came with some cool parts. The tub is just scuffed up enough that it's not a resto candidate. It has 2/3 of a set of technacraft buckles on it, a near new A&L steering rack setup, and a cherry set of chassis stiffeners that I think might be A&L also?, the bottom loader shocks are really nice, as well as all the white nylon. It also has a really cool set of Ti dogbones. The tranny case is the only part that needs some love, it was victim of a not so good dye job.

I'll try to get some pics up tonight to show what I got going on!

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Re: PBR Allstars Worlds car Just about done! *pics inside*

Post by PBR Allstar »

HUGE thanks to Reggie for the help on this one, he really helped me out with some very key parts to make this thing come together as easily as it did for me!

As you can see I'm almost there, PM'd Jay about a body today, have a set of NIP cvd's that are going on it, found the correct front wheels on the bay, and kenooze is sending me the correct set for the rear.

The build isn't totally correct "worlds" I know that and I'm okay with that. Some of the hardware is a little off, the CVD's aren't box art, but then again neither are the RCPS buckles, but both are good racer mods from that era. The rear tires aren't exact either, but are period correct. Personally I've never built cars with aluminum hardware, too easy to strip when you're working on it between rounds so I used all new steel hardware and put some countersunk washers in some key spots which I like for the subtle little detail they give off.

here are some pics (my next project is going to be a light box so my photos dont look like cell phone pics!!!)

mikea96
Approved Member

Post by mikea96 »

That is turning out very nice. I want a set of those front tires for my worlds replica.

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

That is looking sweet.Thos rims and tires look good.
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

mikea96 wrote:That is turning out very nice. I want a set of those front tires for my worlds replica.

Those are not the 8105, those are the 8015 4 rib reinforced--

Hey Ford, looking sharp--I met a guy from NorCal in PA yesterday--say's he knows you something Smith? Didn't get to talk much it was 12deg outside :|

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

Reg, Are you at B&J for the open wheel? I know there were some nor cal dirt oval guys out there for it. One of them is Jay Smith, the others are Rolland Mathers, and Ralph Lepley. All guys I run against somewhat regularly. I think Matt Murphy and DODC champ Allen Webster, a couple other Ca. guys are there too, who I also get the pleasure of having my ass handed to me by once in a while.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Yup, I was--decided to take one USOW off--needed a break from the drama, went up to see a few guys. Met Jay Smith, allready know Matt "the murf dog" all too well and Alan as well, when I left
Matt was TQ in Nitro EDM, and Alan (who was sick) was 2nd qual--Matt had a cleaner heat, Alan was way faster though--the TQ won't last through the night, but they aren't far from the mark, they will both be in the show for sure--next time you see matt and alan ask them about the 1/8 scale heat at the Latemodel nats :lol:

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

Picked up a couple more parts for the worlds car to tidy it up just a little. A new white spur gear, A new white battery tray, and two slightly used but very nice battery trays!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

:shock: , ---------- 8)