RC250 ?

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10Eh
Approved Member

RC250 ?

Post by RC10Eh »

It has been a while since i have seen a gas on road thread.

I picked this up last week after passing it up a bunch of times. Thought you might like to see it.

What we did to our cars back then to make them cool. LOL

I spotted that the chassis has been lengthened , but that will be easy to put back to stock.

The past owner ran it once or twice a year . Anybody have a PDF manual for this car by chance?

Paul

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Re: RC250 ?

Post by RC10Eh »

A little off topic, but this is the last time I ran gas. Thats my first RC car , a Kyosho Vanning with a picco 21. I think this was 87 or 88 . My buddy ran a Landjump .

Paul

Taylorm
Approved Member

Post by Taylorm »

.....good GOD....get that Parma body off there and can it :lol: .........that is Team Associated blasphemy............cool find........was it on crack Bay??.i'm usually good at sniffing out the old Associated stuff..........Matt

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Post by RC10Eh »

Tore the car down and gave it a good clean. Big thanks to Al for the PDF files on the car. I thought more pieces would have been hacked to make that old body fit , but it went back together well.
Certainly nice to see that radioboard sitting up top all nice and white. I will be looking for a few items to finish it off. I have a lead on the original body for this car , i have to go out and track it down at a hobby store. More pics to follow.

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Cool, looking more like a proper RC250. That was a good find you did yourself proud.

This is all very interesting!

pattywagon34
Approved Member

Post by pattywagon34 »

RC10Eh wrote:Tore the car down and gave it a good clean. Big thanks to Al for the PDF files on the car. I thought more pieces would have been hacked to make that old body fit , but it went back together well.
Certainly nice to see that radioboard sitting up top all nice and white. I will be looking for a few items to finish it off. I have a lead on the original body for this car , i have to go out and track it down at a hobby store. More pics to follow.

what material did you use for the radio board replacment? i have a rc500 that is similar to your car, and i think ill need to replace it's radio board too

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

nice car, and great restoration!
The rear body mounts look a little bent, but it might jsut be the angle of the pic. I found that 3/16" steel brake lines from the auto parts store appears to be the same material as the stock mounts. only a few bucks for enough material to cut a couple sets, and easy to cut to length with a tubing cutter or dremel.

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

pattywagon34 wrote:
RC10Eh wrote:Tore the car down and gave it a good clean. Big thanks to Al for the PDF files on the car. I thought more pieces would have been hacked to make that old body fit , but it went back together well.

what material did you use for the radio board replacment? i have a rc500 that is similar to your car, and i think ill need to replace it's radio board too
I think thats a factory AE piece.