Your biggest mistake

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

treehugger
Approved Member

Re: Your biggest mistake

Post by treehugger »

Bimdapogs wrote:Mine would be selling off my 1/8 Deltas. 2 P2s and a P4. They all had period engines plus a crapload of rims/tires and NIP parts (chassis, top decks, fuel tanks, and bumpers - a LOT!). It cost $470 to ship out! :shock: They were still dirty then and I was lazy to clean them. Even if I got them cleaned up really, I didn't have the space at the time. Now I got a new place. :roll: I have space now! :x The Delta stuff that gets sold on ebay doesn't help the agony either.. Roughly, I'd have gotten easy 4x what I sold them for. But it's the rarity of them now that makes me want them back. A couple months ago, I got an email from the buyer (Assocista) that he had passed them along to another Japanese collector. :cry:
i am a fan of that guy (Assocista) and a least you know they are in the best environment possible , an old nitro car being restored and placed in glass cabinets ,and the procces documented on its own website :shock: i could ask for such a retirement :shock: the way im heading im scoping underpass,s and i suddenly see old tv box's in a completely different light :lol: im mean come on the flat screen boom has killed the housing market for the homeless :? .

Paul

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Gave my nephew my Kyosho triumph in trade to pack my garage attic in insulation, good deal for both. only I aquired about buying it back about a month ago and it got tossed in a storage unit clean out .... I almost cried. :cry:
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

USA-1
Approved Member

Post by USA-1 »

Back in 95 working P/T in the LHS a Freshly built C&M Team Cobra Nemesis Sprint car, really nice quality. Co-worker wanted badly so I sold it to him. :(

Qtschmidt

Post by Qtschmidt »

I have never sold any of my r/c cars,trucks or boats but I do wish I would have bought others in the past.

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Post by Bob-Stormer »

Not picking up bowling as a hobby instead.

:lol:
I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Bob-Stormer wrote:Not picking up bowling as a hobby instead.

:lol:
Trust me............it ain't much cheaper. :roll: :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

treehugger wrote: im mean come on the flat screen boom has killed the housing market for the homeless :? .

Paul[/color]
:lol: Man I cracked up on that. Hadn't seen it before. :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

SRTracer121
Approved Member

Post by SRTracer121 »

a few regrets, selling my rs4mt (had all the choice upgrades) last year, trashing my original trx pede around the same time for a project and before that about 10 years ago i tossed out my original trx fiero, didnt know any better because i was very new to rc, it was used so i had no clue about it, i was very young, and we were moving at the time...

the other big one is buying my 1/8th nitro latemodel this winter, it is a helluva car to run but i just cant afford the thing, every time it hit the track i could almost feel it pulling money out of my wallet :x

i also regret originally selling my gt's but i got them back and then some so yay me!

vintagerctech
Approved Member

Post by vintagerctech »

My biggest regret.... Well, at least, one that doesn't have to do with women... :lol:

It happened, several years back, at least 5 years ago.
I was driving around on Lakewood Blvd., Downey CA... and read a sign with "hobby" in the tltle.
I pulled in, walked into a hole in the wall of a store.

The old guy had everything, thorpe, mip, associated spares, and my holy grail.... NEW RC10, an '84

I was in disbelief, as I had already realized I wanted to re-live my '84 RC10 days.

We talked for a while, we shared a common bond...

He let me have the run of the store, I went through every rack, opened every drawer, pretty soon I had a grocery bag (paper) worth of spares.

It was too much to add up on the spot, and it was late.
I came back the next day, it was over $1000.00 in retail pricing.
I asked for a discount, he said his pricing was already lower than retail...

I wanted 20% off... he wouldn't budge.

I decided to play hardball, and walked away. :cry:

Yeap... biggest regret.

:evil: I have paid 4-5 times over that amount trying to recapture parts I had in my possesion... New In Package. :evil:

:cry: And, I still haven't come close to finding them all. :cry: