Battery cup strap help

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dragnse7en

Battery cup strap help

Post by dragnse7en »

Hello everyone

I'm missing the bars that slip onto the tops of the battery cups, that hold the pack in place.

I have some white polystyrene sheets thick enough to use as a replacement. Instead of hunting the original parts on eBay, and spend money on a full set of cups with all the other stuff that comes along with them, I want to simply make my own, but I need some help.

Would anyone care to trace out one of theirs, or throw the thing in a scanner, scan it and email the pic to me, so I have a template to work with? I know it's not going to be nylon, but I at least want the parts to look original.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rctenracer
Approved Member

Re: Battery cup strap help

Post by rctenracer »

Don't waste your time. Just post in the wanted thread on what you need. I sure someone will send you one for free.

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

rctenracer wrote:Don't waste your time. Just post in the wanted thread on what you need. I sure someone will send you one for free.

I'm new on this forum, so I can't bust into the B/S/T thread.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

strap is overall length:2.4"
width of holes to secure:1.8"
diameter of holes is: 3/16"
'keyhole' narrow diameter is: 1/8"
thickness is:3/32"

most of the dimensions aren't really important. you can use the battery cup screws as a template as well.

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

I bow to you :)

thanks for taking the time to do that for me.

I was starting to think that some people here acted like "uber dick-head douchebags" (especially the MODs here) - and wouldn't care to help out at all unless you or I carried a reputation from one thing or another.

Thanks a million hoss - wicked awesome, wicked sweet :)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

as a dickhead mod that has atleast half a dozen of what you're looking for, and has never had a problem sending free parts all over the world to people that need them, thanks for saving me a postage stamp.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

rctenracer wrote:Don't waste your time. Just post in the wanted thread on what you need. I sure someone will send you one for free.
Matter of fact, I was about to do just that- then, like Jason just posted I remembered how you ripped up the member that just gave you the dimensions and then gave me shit over suggesting you might offer an apology to him. And we have now both helped you out with info and you act like a moron at the first chance.

I don't know if you are drunk, bi-polar or just dumb.

I think this is more fitting than your current avatar
4769770945_4f96f1a036.jpg

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

Thanks charlie - I got that image saved :) lol

I was being sacrastic. I guess reading txt on a screen vs hearing some one speak is black and white to some. Oh well. If your take on me is a moron, then whatever. I don't hate you and don't care. Aside from those personal differences, thanks for your help in the past.

thanks again jwscab - I appreciate it.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

dragnse7en wrote:I was starting to think that some people here acted like "uber dick-head douchebags" (especially the MODs here) - and wouldn't care to help out at all unless you or I carried a reputation from one thing or another.
WTF? You and I have never talked so what gives you the right to judge me or any of us for that matter? That's not sarcasm, that simply derogatory.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

mrlexan wrote:WTF? You and I have never talked so what gives you the right to judge me or any of us for that matter? That's not sarcasm, that simply derogatory.
Not you. I should clarify; a MOD here. Not you.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

it only seems right that you're talking about me, being as though i'm the only mod that has said anything to you in your short time here. since that's the case, i can make it so you don't have to deal with me anymore. just say the word.

i don't get paid enough around here to deal with your crap every other day. and with the amount of pm's i've received about you and your f'ed up sense of humor, you won't be missed.