YZ10, full rebuild!

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ralphee
Approved Member

Re: Stoked, YZ10 score, Thank CATS!

Post by ralphee »

Alex, here are the plates sunny side down lol, so its AE parts i need? Or Yokomo parts? Curse my noobness, i never had a slipper on my old car.

lee

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Ok, looking at your pic Alex, seems to me, im just missing the correct spur, locking ring, and a few shims, and thats it.
Of course, ill need to then rebuild it the correct way, with the spur outside the outer plate?
That sound feasible to you? Sorry again for the 20 questions.

Lee

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

ralphee wrote:Ok, looking at your pic Alex, seems to me, im just missing the correct spur, locking ring, and a few shims, and thats it.
Of course, ill need to then rebuild it the correct way, with the spur outside the outer plate?
That sound feasible to you? Sorry again for the 20 questions.

Lee
No wonder CATS didn't show pics of the slipper set up. Drop me a pm and we will sort it out!!!
:shock:

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Will do buddy, PM incoming in ten, thanks Alex, we sort this, beers one heh!

Lee

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

yeah, that was just put together wrong and the spur is mangled. No big deal.

On the universal, you can take it out of the car and chuck it in a drill press or hand drill held in a vice and slowly rotate it. find out how it's bent and gently bend it back to straight. Should be pretty easy.

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Buddy you SEE the bend, it even clicks as i rotate the wheel, sounds like a CAT 2K lol, its a bad bend, so i bought a full set of shafts. Seems this will turn into a bit of a restore thread afterall, which is fun.

Lee

CATS
Approved Member

Post by CATS »

Feel I should defend myself here a bit!!!

Bought this slipper directly from eBay never took it apart installed it straight in the car and sat it on the shelf. I really had no idea the inner spur was screwed. Lee if you show me what parts are needed I will trawl through my yokomo box and see if I can help. All my new builts sit on the shelf, therefore I tend not to pay to much attention to smoothness of slippers or diffs as they are not being used.

That being said probably would have been wiser for me to check something like this but not being to familiar with the yokomo slipper setup I wouldn't have known what I was looking for anyway!

Scott

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

I see your side Scott, but dont advertise a screw for screw rebuild, that clearly hasnt been buddy, just makes it tricky.

Anyway, for now i have parts enroute i think to build a std centre shaft, with the one way spur adaptor.....but, i cant seem to fathom the pulley, i cant use the one way pulley on this shaft, as that woule be two one way bearings on the same shaft, so, i need a fixed pulley maybe?

Failing that, Alex i believe is going to look into what parts i need to make this unit workable, looks to be a spur, and a few washers, and he did mention a thrust race? Not sure where that comes into the equation.

Does anybody have any scans of the slipper and std layshaft assemblies from the manual to gawp at, maybe that will help me piece it together.

lee

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

The whole '93 manual is in the scan section with a link to retromodelisme, look page 6 there is an exploded view of the slipper unit. I have quite a lot of spare parts for this should you need anything. Good luck!

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Asso_man! wrote:The whole '93 manual is in the scan section with a link to retromodelisme, look page 6 there is an exploded view of the slipper unit. I have quite a lot of spare parts for this should you need anything. Good luck!
Im there.......thanks bud, ill for sure let you know :D .

bests..........lee

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Asso man you are the man. Found what i need, the small thrust race and adjacent race washers for the outer slipper plate, there seems to a black spire washer on the end of the shaft, need that, and a spur and, i think, thats it for a working slipper.

Now, anybody know what part number rebuild set that may come in? I can only view Ebay right now, but have applied for BST to see if i can bag them there, this could get addictive.

bests........lee

CATS
Approved Member

Post by CATS »

As this is my reputation Lee this Is important for anyone that reads this

The slipper was overlooked by me which is why I have offered to rectify it for free with any parts you need. Driveshaft that you said was bent, again I never noticed this fault, and when I advertise something I try to state all areas of the car to save this sort of problem. I believe I was accurate in all other descriptions with this car, all parts stated as new are chassis,upper deck,front & rear fibreglass mounts every screw came from a new pack, all shocks again fresh and new, wheels still in ther packet, front and rear wishbones brand new the list goes on. What I'm trying to say is I stated the car as new as it cost me a small fortune to get it the way you received it.

Any fault you find with the car I'm willing to sort, so I would prefer if you did'nt go down the avenue of me being a bad trader as I sell on these boards on a regular basis with no problems and I wish to keep it that way

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Scott, no, im not saying bad trader mate, far from it, you have it in PM and here, that im HAPPY with the buy, just niggled over a couple of silly bits that were overlooked, as you say bud.
I will take the time to say thank you again for the offer of putting this right. Parts needed are listed above, and believe me, ill buy them if i have to, im not after a free lunch, just want this baby perfect for a light run.

Thanks Scott..................lee

CATS
Approved Member

Post by CATS »

No problem mate, just didn't want it to come across to anyone reading this that I had been less than fair. Let me look through my parts bin over the weekend to see what I have. From memory I have a complete works 93 slipper assembly somewhere it is used though

Scott

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

CATS wrote:No problem mate, just didn't want it to come across to anyone reading this that I had been less than fair. Let me look through my parts bin over the weekend to see what I have. From memory I have a complete works 93 slipper assembly somewhere it is used though

Scott
Awesome, thanks Scott, let me know!

lee