YZ10, full rebuild!

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ralphee
Approved Member

Re: Stoked, YZ10 score, Thank CATS!

Post by ralphee »

Ok, now im getting irritable, anybody know the correct front hub part number, i have two odd ones.
Scott, i gotta be honest, you didnt look this over very well at all, i think she was just a tad over priced, ive spent almost £60 in bits you left ratty, now i need front hubs, not too fair mate, ho hum, back to Ebay.

CATS
Approved Member

Post by CATS »

Your getting annoyed, tell me about it!?!?

Front hubs £3.60 from end of line rc. How are they odd? Wheels fitted perfectly when fitted to the car. Fronts should be 4.5mm from memory. Odd in what way be more specific? You said your were fussy but clearly this wasn't the car you wanted. I was at pains to get rid of a car that cost me well over what you paid for it. Before you start going into weather another screw is shorter than another or whatever other problem you have I will happily give you a full refund for the car if you want to send it back to me, miss it already so would only be to pleased to get it back.

Let me know, as I was willing to help in anyway I could but maybe the vintage Market is not for you & you would be better off sticking with current kits not vintage cars from 18 years ago

Not joking, if you want a full refund for the car happy to do it and get one of my shelfers back!

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Guys, chill out :?
:shock:

CATS
Approved Member

Post by CATS »

I agree, think this is getting silly... Can't offer anymore than a full refund if someone's not happy :(

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

OK as i said, front hubs are odd, note the one on the right, see the lack of the shoulder, thus giving an incorrect track width?
Scott, your getting way bent out of shape, your idea of a restore, is VERY different to mine is all mate, ive restored a few trust me, and ALL of them, are pristine, i DONT do odd screw lengths either buddy.
As for a refund, i really would, but, ive already spent a packet this weekend on parts to put this right (and im not done yet, dreading the diffs) plus a new shell and undertray, so im kinda tied in now bud, Iam chilled Alex, im not being personal, but i i have to be open and honest, which im trying to be :D

bests...........lee

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Guys, sort this out via PM, don't have a public spat :shock:
:shock:

CATS
Approved Member

Post by CATS »

Fair enough, offer is their investment or not. Being honest not sure if either of us are coming of well so i will leave this subject now and no longer reply as I have tried to be fair in issuing a full refund. At the end of the day I do this rc thing as a hobby and build or restore cars to my standard for fun and to try at get the cars I couldn't afford when I was a kid, but if one thing this trade has tought me everyone's idea of building these rc's is different!

Scott

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Alex, will do, but not needed, further work will be carried out and posted when complete to halt a spat, seriously, i dont want that, Scott.
Carry on lads, nothing to see here, only that Scott IS right, we are all different, its the spice of life!

Bests......... Lee

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Alex B wrote:Guys, sort this out via PM, don't have a public spat :shock:
Good way to say this Alex B. Like the thread but don't want to make this thread disappear due to different definitions...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Klavy thanks, no more of that, on with the thread, well kinda, gonna strip down fully today, get into the diffs, but first, i have a 1/1 racer to play with on Sunday morning. Hopefully some more YZ10 updates later.

lee

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Karting is sooo much more serious in the EU than here :? Nice!

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Thanks Reggie, yeah, i dont see much in the US, not at this level anyhoo? OK, i got the diffs stripped, ouch, not good, there a mess, might have to do my best at a rebuild as parts are scarce i think?
Also, plastics arent too good, rear camber link is blown, one screw is stripped out and a metal threaded collet has been bodged in, causing the rear tower hex bolt to go in crooked, pics in a while, as this looks to be some journey fellas :D .

How rare are gearbox casings and camber links guys? Honest opinion? Also, diff rings, these are pretty grooved, BOTH sides, thrust races are not great but i can get them, got a front out drive enroute, but need a rear, the outdrive slots are BADLY grooved from driveshaft action.

lee

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

OK pics, the diffs themselves were pretty worn, and very tarnished/mucky. Stripped them down, and gave them a Brake Cleaner bath.

Yuck
Bathtime
Shining up the outdrives, cant do much about the slots though :cry:
All shiny
One diff rebuilt, cant do the other, as four of the thrust race balls are missing.

Ragged camber link, seems to have been repaired, hope i can get one of these.

The bent rear shaft, luckily, i have a new set of four on the way.

Ive spent a fair bit, but there is more now, belts are well worn, anybody what parts numbers i need there? Camber link, Diff parts, id LIKE new gearbox casings, not major needed, but i wouldnt say no. Think ive dried up Ebay for what i can, but, i think now, regardless of cost, im gonna build this car 99.9% new if i can.

bests...........lee

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Rear belt ZC-656 and front belt is ZD-652, I know I have multiples of the front and might have a rear just have to look. Pm me if your interested I probably have other stuff you need just let me know with specifics.

This is all very interesting!

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

if you're having a hard time finding the outdrives you could enlarge them slightly and add pin cushions to your axles. it'll look cleaner.

loving the kart. what motor you planning on putting in?