RCCA Old Mags / One year membership

The place to request any scanned items you may need.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

CalvinH

RCCA Old Mags / One year membership

Post by CalvinH »

Hi!

I’d like to ask for some help, as RCCA and Air Age are not willing to help me.

I was a subscriber of RCCA on 1990-1991, and have some even older mags. I had to cancel my subscription because I had several mags stolen from my mailbox :x .

Nowadays I buy RCCA from a Bookstore (10$ each…, this is Spain :( ) but I would love to have all the old mags I missed.

I have contacted both RCCA and Air Age without any results. After looking for these old mags in the web for sometime, I am unable to get them.

So the question now is, will the one year membership allow me access to all this old mag? If it does, what kind of access?

http://www.airagestore.com/cars/memberships/one-full-year-of-exclusive-member-access-for-only-19-95.html

If anyone around here has this membership I would love to hear about it. It talks about “26 years of RC Car Action archives”, but I don’t know if this is access to a PDF archive (I can download and read them offline) or just online browsing.

I have re-read my mags six or seven times, and I would like something that allows me to keep them, not just read them online.

Sorry for the long post and the bad english, and thank you very much.

adam lancia
Approved Member

Re: RCCA Old Mags / One year membership

Post by adam lancia »

Have a look through this thread Calvin: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=13306 I think this is what you're looking for. Your English is more than fine, not to worry :) Where in Spain are you?

CalvinH

Post by CalvinH »

adam lancia wrote:Have a look through this thread Calvin: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=13306 I think this is what you're looking for. Your English is more than fine, not to worry :) Where in Spain are you?
Thank you very much!

That thread was my first try, but everything is offline now.

I am from a small village in Guadalajara. I see Valladolid in your profile. Are you spanish? My father is from Zamora and I go there frequently. I have been to Valladolid just two or three times, but never took time to know the city.

Regards

YZ-10
Approved Member

Post by YZ-10 »

They were pdf files, I saved a load from that topic when the links were active, if you have trouble finding let me know I may be able to send them over

Timmahhh
Approved Member

Post by Timmahhh »

Wow, that would be really cool to see! :shock: If they become available, please let me know!

CalvinH

Post by CalvinH »

Hi!

After searching, and searching, and leeching and leeching :mrgreen: , I haven't been able to find a working source for the old mags.

So I am going ahead with the one year membership and just pray it takes me where I want to go... a server full of pdfs of the old RC mags, available for me to DL.

Thanks to those that have answered something to my whining, and I hope to re-build my understanding of the hobby and be coming back to it anytime soon.

I will try to keep up reading about electrical cars/trucks, but won't be writing too much as I have nothing to contribute with :roll:

Regards :wink:

CalvinH

Post by CalvinH »

Just one more thing...

A picture I like on my of my old old mags, with that great 80s look :D . I have tried to scan+crop so filesize is small, but I think quality is bearable.

Not an RC10... I hope I'm not doing anything wrong :mrgreen:
BigBrute
BigBrute

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

That... is freaking awesome! 8)

CalvinH

Post by CalvinH »

Thanks!

It's from the first mag I bought (dec '87). They got this girl (Barbara Kent) for the photo session, and she, the Brute and the Doberman do make up some nice photos...

BTW, I got this mag from the old Air Force Base on Torrejon de Ardoz. I was just a kid, and had not the money needed to buy the mags every month... What a pity. Now I have the money (at least to buy a magazine) but the shop is gone :cry:

Regards.

Timmahhh
Approved Member

Post by Timmahhh »

Let us know if the archive pdfs become available with the subscription. I would also gladly pay for a subscription to have access to that

CalvinH

Post by CalvinH »

Timmahhh wrote:Let us know if the archive pdfs become available with the subscription. I would also gladly pay for a subscription to have access to that
I sure will do.

I am right now bidding for something on ebay. As soon as I know if I get it or not I will fulfill my subscription and tell about it.

Regards.

xanadu
Approved Member

Post by xanadu »

Be careful when you subscribe because I had a subscription and forgot about it. They billed me again. I was cool with that since I did agree to that deal. Then I told them not to renew again with most of my year left that I paid for. They cut me off, so I emailed them and told them that I paid for a year so why did I lose access? NO RESPONSE. Just an email saying that my email was forwarded to the subscription dept.

CalvinH

Post by CalvinH »

xanadu wrote:Be careful when you subscribe because I had a subscription and forgot about it. They billed me again. I was cool with that since I did agree to that deal. Then I told them not to renew again with most of my year left that I paid for. They cut me off, so I emailed them and told them that I paid for a year so why did I lose access? NO RESPONSE. Just an email saying that my email was forwarded to the subscription dept.
Thank you!

I am also not very pleased with their attention. I sent RCCA and AirAge several emails asking them about the one year subscription, and didn't get a single useful response. Well, excuse me, I got a response from their automatic response system saying they will answer me soon... As a relative of mine is going to the US this year I also asked them if it would be possible to buy paper edition of all the old magazines, and picking them up there. I didn't get a response...

So I am not subscribing after all. Yeah, I know, I am only punishing myself, but this kind of attention took all my wishes away :evil:

I will keep on looking for the mags.

Regards!

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

I didn't see this before, but if you are looking for the PDFs of the back issues, check the link in my sig. :)

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

Your file for 1986 appears to contain no documents (it's also only 3.9 Mb) :(