Sneak Peak of my 6010 Cadilac

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bxlt
Approved Member

Sneak Peak of my 6010 Cadilac

Post by bxlt »

Picked this up on ebay and decided to restore it. All the nylon was dyed red so to even out the color I went with black. I decided to put on my Technicraft wheels that I bought back in the day. Now I'm just waiting for some front shocks as the ones that came with the car were no good and a new body. Then I'll give it a final cleaning, test run and then retire it to the shelf.

The before, was too excited to start the rebuild that I didn't take a lot of before shots but this thing was in need of a lot of attention.

Nearing finish

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Sneak Peak of my 6010 Cadilac

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Cool. Do you have any close ups of the graphics on that body? Looks like a warrior with a wolf or a dragon or something. The monitor on this work computer kinda sucks though so I may be way off.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Cool. Do you have any close ups of the graphics on that body? Looks like a warrior with a wolf or a dragon or something. The monitor on this work computer kinda sucks though so I may be way off.
I can take some, I am not a fan of that body but if someone likes it I would be more then happy to part with it :D

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

bxlt wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Cool. Do you have any close ups of the graphics on that body? Looks like a warrior with a wolf or a dragon or something. The monitor on this work computer kinda sucks though so I may be way off.
I can take some, I am not a fan of that body but if someone likes it I would be more then happy to part with it :D
I'm just curious. Reminds me of something you'd see on the side of a van in the late 70's early 80's. :lol: I was just wondering if it was painted or just decals or something. Not something you see everyday.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: I'm just curious. Reminds me of something you'd see on the side of a van in the late 70's early 80's. :lol: I was just wondering if it was painted or just decals or something. Not something you see everyday.
Yeah it has a total 70's van vibe to it. I haven't really looked at it much because its really not my style but I think its a print out that they put under the lexan then a coat of paint to protect/secure it.

I will get a couple of pictures up tomorrow. It is one of the things I like about collecting cars is the bodies, they can really be time capsules of when the car was built and used, and I like to keep the original body of the cars I get but this one is just too much for me :)

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Looks great so far. Love those tecnacraft wheels on it

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Can't wait to see it. I love things that are awesomely bad. :lol: I've created a few things (R/C and otherwise) in my day that could easily fall into that category. :lol:
Ken

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Can't wait to see it. I love things that are awesomely bad. :lol: I've created a few things (R/C and otherwise) in my day that could easily fall into that category. :lol:
Here you go some pics of the awesome body.