Front end question

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

frgna
Approved Member

Front end question

Post by frgna »

If I put a 10T front plate on and then just attach the standard widetrack arms (will be using Bart's Parts arms), am I going to have any trouble on geometry or steering clearance? Also will the standard turnbuckle lengths (CE/Team Car) still work?

I feel like if I just use the 10T front plate/bulkhead but without longer arms, the front will be narrower no?

Thanks

GoMachV

Re: Front end question

Post by GoMachV »

Very narrow. Too narrow. Plus the fitment is wrong, would have to be shimmed up with spacers on the bulkhead.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Obviously the front end will be narrower if you're going to use a narrower kick-up but stick with the standard buggy length wide arms. ;)

I think it's about an inch narrower total.

Problem you're going to run into first though is mounting the buggy arms to the truck kick-up. The buggy arms won't mount onto a truck front bulkhead without some significant dremeling....and the buggy front arm mounts don't use the same mounting holes as the truck front bulkhead.

Best way to do what you want would be to use an Andy's Pro-Race front bulkhead since the arm mounting points are the same width as those for a buggy and it screws right onto a truck kick-up.

frgna
Approved Member

Post by frgna »

Ok, thanks! Looks like a regular front end it will be :) Otherwise it will look like it has T-rex arms I guess...and probably turn way too sharply I guess?

Just a quick follow on q to make sure I get this right - to use the 10T front plate, I think I get that you need the Klein/Dynotech arms (or original/RPM worlds arms), and the 10T/Worlds bulkhead (I believe these are identical?)

But then what turnbuckles/shocks/shock tower do people use?

Sorry I get confused about the turnbuckles and the shocks...

frgna
Approved Member

Post by frgna »

Phin wrote:Obviously the front end will be narrower if you're going to use a narrower kick-up but stick with the standard buggy length wide arms. ;)

I think it's about an inch narrower total.

Problem you're going to run into first though is mounting the buggy arms to the truck kick-up. The buggy arms won't mount onto a truck front bulkhead without some significant dremeling....and the buggy front arm mounts don't use the same mounting holes as the truck front bulkhead.

Best way to do what you want would be to use an Andy's Pro-Race front bulkhead since the arm mounting points are the same width as those for a buggy and it screws right onto a truck kick-up.
Awesome - looks like I'll be trawling the Bay for a while...

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

10T kick-up + Klien/Worlds arms + truck front bulkhead. Overall width ends up the same as a stock CE/Team front.

You would need a Worlds front tower, though in a pinch you could use a 10T front tower. Worlds tower is wider at the top than a 10T tower and positions the shocks better.

In the front the turnbuckles would be the same length as on a CE buggy since the inside camber link holes, and the steering bellcranks are in the same positions. For a WOIN rear end you'd need longer turnbuckles since the arms are longer than stock and you don't cut the chassis narrower like you would on a RPM World's build.

frgna
Approved Member

Post by frgna »

Phin wrote:10T kick-up + Klien/Worlds arms + truck front bulkhead. Overall width ends up the same as a stock CE/Team front.

You would need a Worlds front tower, though in a pinch you could use a 10T front tower. Worlds tower is wider at the top than a 10T tower and positions the shocks better.

In the front the turnbuckles would be the same length as on a CE buggy since the inside camber link holes, and the steering bellcranks are in the same positions. For a WOIN rear end you'd need longer turnbuckles since the arms are longer than stock and you don't cut the chassis narrower like you would on a RPM World's build.
Thanks, it all makes sense now!