Her first ever RC kit build!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

BMKTW2
Approved Member

Her first ever RC kit build!

Post by BMKTW2 »

UPS surprised Wendy yesterday with this Tekno SCT kit. When I ordered it, I figured worst case, if she wont want it, I'll have it. :mrgreen:
Well, turns out she does want it!! (Especially when I told her its a "race car" hehe :lol: )
She also was super excited when she found out it was a kit, she likes puzzles lol
So anyway, she has seen me and my brother put several kits together so she kind-of knew what to do and went for it!
I made sure to let her do everything and only help her with verbal technique like how to use the tools properly (and knife!)
So far she is about half way done and I'm really impressed. I thought it would take her all weekend to build it but, she was up till 2am last night working on it :D
Attachments
DSC04721.JPG

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Re: Her first ever RC kit build!

Post by littleVETTE »

sweet. if she's falls for it, you're going to regret you ever gave her that kit. kiss the wallet bye bye. lol

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

2am says she is really enjoying it! 8)

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

slotcarrod wrote:2am says she is really enjoying it! 8)
That's exactly what I was thinking...he's created another RC monster!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

BMKTW2
Approved Member

Post by BMKTW2 »

She is still putting it together, been at it non stop since 8am.
I had to cook lunch :(
The kit is almost completely assembled

She's built yesterday (after work) 19:00-02:00 then today 08:00-17:00 ... putting the battery tray on the chassis now.

BMKTW2
Approved Member

17 hours later...

Post by BMKTW2 »

Worked really hard, got blisters on hands but got the Kit finished!
Attachments
DSC04731.JPG
DSC04732.JPG

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That's awesome. You know, I'd always wanted a daughter, and to teach her the "ways of men" so she'd be better prepared for all the "boy shenanigans" in her teenage years, and one way to understand boys/men better is to develop an interest in some of their sports & hobbies. I don't have any children, who knows--maybe never will--but I respect you for getting your daughter involved in this hobby, and respect to her for actually building it herself.

The build is coming along great and when she's finished it, I can only imagine the feeling of pride she'll have. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

BMKTW2
Approved Member

Post by BMKTW2 »

Coelacanth wrote:That's awesome. You know, I'd always wanted a daughter, and to teach her the "ways of men" so she'd be better prepared for all the "boy shenanigans" in her teenage years, and one way to understand boys/men better is to develop an interest in some of their sports & hobbies. I don't have any children, who knows--maybe never will--but I respect you for getting your daughter involved in this hobby, and respect to her for actually building it herself.

The build is coming along great and when she's finished it, I can only imagine the feeling of pride she'll have. :)
hahaha :lol: She is not my daughter! She is my girlfriend. :lol: She is 24, and im not much older.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

BMKTW2 wrote:hahaha :lol: She is not my daughter! She is my girlfriend. :lol: She is 24, and im not much older.
Seriously?? She looks pretty young, at least in those pictures! My bad. :) Then again...I'm old enough to be a father of a 24-year-old. Now I'm depressed. Monday morning and now this! :lol:

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

I thought it was your daughter too...looks a little like my 12 yr old in the face.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Indeed...I just re-read everything and I guess there was no mention anywhere of what the relationship was. :? I think we ALL assumed it was a daughter. :mrgreen: