we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RobScott

Re: we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Post by RobScott »

Leyland National London bus,

karmann ghia

baja bug

Rallycross Paseo

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Love both the V Dub's! 8)

You ever thought of doing a Sand Scorcher theme on that Baja Bug? :wink:

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

well since you guys mentioned 4-cyl turbo mopars, i had an 87 dodge daytona pacifica fully loaded. it was no shelby but it wasnt exactly stock either. it was a 2.2 turbo I motor with a mopar performance ecu w/180 t-stat, mopar perf. 30lb injectors, a forward motion ported throttle body, adj. bleed on the wastegate line, custom cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, centerforce II clutch, 555 getrag trans & urethane motor mounts and sway bar bushings. i was able to get 10lbs of boost out of it on the stock turbo and it would spin em in 3rd gear. thing was a rocket and was a blast to drive. thing puleed like a son of a bitch from 3 to 6 grand and loved 3rd gear on back windy roads. if you guys are working on a 4-cyl mopar check out foward motion inc in delaware they have it all http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Guess I'll show my boring car. 08 Jetta I bought new and then just parked in the garage. Only 26,000 on it so far. Was thinking about modding it but all these muscle cars I keep seeing is starting to change my mind. Hmmm. My daily driver is a Chevy Cobalt. How exciting. :( I think a V8 is in my future.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

RobScott wrote:Leyland National London bus,

karmann ghia

baja bug

Rallycross Paseo

Love the Ghia.

How's the paseo at rally cross? I've been looking to get into that class.

biff85ta
Approved Member

Post by biff85ta »

I just brought home this project. It seems to be a 76k mile car that has been left to rot. It needs a good tune up and I think it will run ok and then I can get on to prepping it for paint. It is super solid but I want to hunt down the correct tailights and rear bumper as it is an 87 model.

"It is not how you finish but how you qualify unless you qualify bad then it is how you finish."
Words of wisdom from the Cox bros at my local track.

lpddpd
Approved Member

Post by lpddpd »

IMG_1437.JPG
Just came back from the shop. Some bonehead in a pickup backed into it while it was parallel parked in a parking lot. Said he didn't see it, yet he walked right by it to get into his truck. The kickstand was completely buckled under, damage to both sides, dented the tank, etc. Got the check from the insurance and then had fun with some after market parts. New slip-ons, mirrors, grips, levers.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

biff85ta wrote:I just brought home this project. It seems to be a 76k mile car that has been left to rot. It needs a good tune up and I think it will run ok and then I can get on to prepping it for paint. It is super solid but I want to hunt down the correct tailights and rear bumper as it is an 87 model.

let me know if you want to make it an aerocoupe. :wink:
20130215_134906.jpg
20130215_135033.jpg
20130215_154458.jpg

lpddpd
Approved Member

Post by lpddpd »

I just saw one of those last week, and then a Ferrari 458 Italia went by :roll:

biff85ta
Approved Member

Post by biff85ta »

scr8p wrote:
biff85ta wrote:I just brought home this project. It seems to be a 76k mile car that has been left to rot. It needs a good tune up and I think it will run ok and then I can get on to prepping it for paint. It is super solid but I want to hunt down the correct tailights and rear bumper as it is an 87 model.

20130215_134906.jpg
20130215_135033.jpg
20130215_154458.jpg

The glass for the aerocoupe is worth several times what I paid for mine. I would also like to be able to use my trunk. :lol: I thought it was pretty solid but it turns out the driver floorpan is gone and the rockers have a little rot but still not bad since the quarters and trunk are solid. I am actually now thinking 5.3 swap instead of fixing the ole 305. It will just make a better car in the end.
"It is not how you finish but how you qualify unless you qualify bad then it is how you finish."

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

87 Monte Carlo SS was my first car. The 305 in that car was a dog. I would never recommend putting money in one of those. Swap it if you're not in a hurry to drive it. Wish I hadn't totaled mine, young and stupid :x nothing worse than being 16 and paying for a car that's in a junkyard.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the trunk itself is still the same size, you just can't get large items through the opening. :lol:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

scr8p wrote:the trunk itself is still the same size, you just can't get large items through the opening. :lol:
Exactly, it's still a 4-body trunk, just have to cut the bodies up first :lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

This is my ride (summers only). 1987 Chev stepside. It started it's life as a reg bed, 305 auto. I added a step bed, a 350 HO create, NV 3500 5-speed, SSBC rear disc conversion, 4" lift, 35 MT, with MT classic lock rim's, full auto meter sweep, Interior, was re-upholstered by me, as all work . Full S/S dual exhaust fully detailed chassis. Power window's/lock were added, as the truck was a bone stock rig, pretty much a full resto-mod. I'm happy where she is now, but a new ghost flamed paint job is in the works. Photo's were taken last year, so don't mind the snow.

biff85ta
Approved Member

Post by biff85ta »

scr8p wrote:the trunk itself is still the same size, you just can't get large items through the opening. :lol:

I plan to do nice audio install and that tiny opening would make it a bit of a pain. I looked a a Grand Prix aerocoupe years ago and the trunk opening was a part of the decision not to pursue buying it. :lol: