Flat head screws

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DMAT
Approved Member

Flat head screws

Post by DMAT »

So I was looking around at making a custom order for a screw set. I remember a while back asking about screws in another thread because they werent fitting properly. well I finally figured it out. Older sets had a 100 degree flat head vs an 80 degree flat head. this is for the 8-32 screws. the 4-40 screws still appear to have the 80 degree head.

someone probably already found this but Thats what im seeing now. I ordered 2 different screw sets for the rc10 and both had 80 degree flat heads vs the 100 degree needed.

GoMachV

Re: Flat head screws

Post by GoMachV »

If it's an aluminum 8-32 screw in an rc application it's almost always 100 degree unless it's metric , then it's 90. If it is steel there is a good likelihood it's 82 degree. You won't find 100 degree in black oxide easily, sometimes in stainless.

4-40 screws are all 82 degree wether aluminum or steel.

Here is one example, the losi junior series used steel screws in the upper deck, they are 82 degree and the chassis was countersunk to that. The chassis screws are 100 degree and it was countersunk to that. Different countersinks on the same car for different hardware

100 degree is considered aircraft hardware.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website