RC10 "Infinito"

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MotoObscura

Re: RC10 "Infinito"

Post by MotoObscura »

There are so many different shades of Celeste on that bike, the bar tape, the frame, the seat, none of them are exactly the same though haha. Modern Celeste is a lot more blue than it used to be
My current vintage racing lineup: Associated RC10 B2, RC10 Team Car, Losi XXT, XX4, XFactory X5, Schumacher CAT 2000 www.moto-obscura.com My Youtube Channel

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Really nice bike :D Yep the modern Bianchi celestre is a lot more blue......can't wait to see what shade is on my painted shell. I think vintage bike paint schemes are perfect for RC10.
Have all the parts dyed black....all the yaiba parts are stuck in post somewhere so that's holding up the final assembly.

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Have most of the parts now so did a bit of assembly last night to check how everything fits together. Front tower is one piece still missing so using a truck version for now....excuse the poor pictures from my phone.
Attachments
20140123_205928.jpg
20140123_210006.jpg
20140123_210038.jpg

broodenburg
Approved Member

Post by broodenburg »

awsome looking car. the red looks great with the black. are those big bores?

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Yep big bores....I thought the red would look good but am really delighted with it in reality. The intention is for this to be my regular race car so performance will be more important but looking good is ok too!! :D

rcgerber
Approved Member

Post by rcgerber »

Did you thin up the rear bulkhead to make your inner camber link mod work?

Groomi
Approved Member

Post by Groomi »

Rayzerp wrote:Really nice bike :D Yep the modern Bianchi celestre is a lot more blue......can't wait to see what shade is on my painted shell. I think vintage bike paint schemes are perfect for RC10.
Have all the parts dyed black....all the yaiba parts are stuck in post somewhere so that's holding up the final assembly.
Originally, the Bianchi colour was actually a duck egg blue before they switched to Celeste green.

Live the idea of this thread. I have a Bianchi EV4 frame to build up this summer in a retro style with 90s Record components. Quite fancy building either a Schumacher Cougar 1 or a CAT XLS to match - won't dare tell anybody not on this forum though, for fear of being labelled a geek... :)
Using my son as an excuse to relieve my youth. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/MuzzoomModels

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

rcgerber wrote:Did you thin up the rear bulkhead to make your inner camber link mod work?
No...I had to do a bit of trimming where the original wing mount tubes were but the alloy parts are bolted straight to the bulkhead. The tricky bit was to position the months to fit around the gearbox.

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Groomi wrote:
Rayzerp wrote:Really nice bike :D Yep the modern Bianchi celestre is a lot more blue......can't wait to see what shade is on my painted shell. I think vintage bike paint schemes are perfect for RC10.
Originally, the Bianchi colour was actually a duck egg blue before they switched to Celeste green.

Live the idea of this thread. I have a Bianchi EV4 frame to build up this summer in a retro style with 90s Record components. Quite fancy building either a Schumacher Cougar 1 or a CAT XLS to match - won't dare tell anybody not on this forum though, for fear of being labelled a geek... :)
I know what u mean :lol:

Bike and car projects sound very cool :wink:

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

Version 1 of this car was very quickly built up on Saturday to go to my first race meeting in 6 months on Sunday. Had to borrow a shell from another car and work with some temporary parts but I really wanted to check how the car ran in its current state as it is going to be my regular runner. My guessed set-up was a mile off and it took me practice and 2 qualifiers to get it dialed but after that the car was fantastic....finised up 3rd in 10.5 class behind a C4.2 and Cougar SV. Could have been better with a less rusty driver and had a few issues with steering ball-cups popping off which I think is due to the angle that they are running from original rc10 rack to B4 outboard parts. something to work on.
Attachments
20140126_132317.jpg
20140125_190820.jpg
20140125_191044.jpg
20140125_190614.jpg

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

Which ball cups are you using? I don't see a geometry problem with my set up but I have the same issue. My RPM ball cups pop off easily. I wonder if the older pivot balls are smaller. I may try an old trick and put a plastic baggie in between before snapping then together and trim. This should take up a little bit of slack if it doesn't bind up. If that works, I'll be purchasing new pivots

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

the yaiba parts look really good on there. my b4 has them, but i really dig them on your car.

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

vsefiream wrote:Which ball cups are you using? I don't see a geometry problem with my set up but I have the same issue. My RPM ball cups pop off easily. I wonder if the older pivot balls are smaller. I may try an old trick and put a plastic baggie in between before snapping then together and trim. This should take up a little bit of slack if it doesn't bind up. If that works, I'll be purchasing new pivots
I am using new j concepts ball cups which are hard to get off when I want to adjust something but fronts pop off easily with a side impact to front wheel. I have had the same problem on my other OIN car. I have been messing around with some B4 parts and hope I have solved the problem which I think was due to the horizontal angle from the steering rack to steering arms.....with suspension compressed the cups were an an angle where a small impact could pop them off. I will post some pics once I have completed the mods.

Rayzerp
Approved Member

Post by Rayzerp »

kaiser wrote:the yaiba parts look really good on there. my b4 has them, but i really dig them on your car.
Thanks. I love the red on there. I have just got the body back from painter and am delighted with results. Custom front tower is on its way from fibrelyte so I hope to finish soon.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

The replacement ball cups from ae are actually pretty good. I haven't had any issues with them.
They fit much better then the thick rpm ends.