#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by slotcarrod »

The value of an original will not lessen! If anything it will gain value due to the car coming to light with the younger generation! Perhaps they may want to start collecting, as some have begun already!

I like the Cobra 427 reference as I consider myself a collector! I have a near mint queen Worlds and a runner Worlds, yet I sure am happy for the rere. I can now beat the rere to death. I see someone said they are racing the rere in Mod Buggy. This is exactly what I'm going to do. I have my B4.293 ready and both B5's on order, yet I will race my Worlds. There is nothing better than spanking new buggies with old school! 8) Two rere's for me please! One to beat and one to shelf! :mrgreen:

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

I'll clean up my corner and double check but had all unused parts in the box still. No biggie personally as I have more of these boat anchor transmissions.

Patiofurnituregt
Approved Member

Post by Patiofurnituregt »

For any of the locals that may be interested, I'll be racing my RC10WC test mule tomorrow at OC_RC. The car has been working very well on the current layout and I think I'll be pretty competitive.
Tim Tunnermann
Team Associated Design Engineer
Team Associated | |Reedy | XP Digital | JConcepts | Futaba | Makita | Kicker | LiveRC

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Very cool Tim, I'm sure you and the mule will do well!! I hope someone goes and gets pics.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

To be clear, your racing against modern buggies Tim?

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

I don't see what all the hubub is with not liking the re-released kits. If you are honestly worried about devaluing whatever investment you made with your original kits, or if you see honor in hunting down parts for months or years on end, then the simple fact is it sucks to be you.

I would love to see more 427 Cobras on the road. Or Ferrari 275 GTB 4-cams. Those are beautiful cars and deserve better than to be kept in a hermetically sealed garage by some greedy f*****g hoarder. The same can be said for any pretty toy, and the old RC10s are arguably way prettier than the new RC10s.

I am personally fortunate enough to be able to afford more r/c cars than I know what to do with. For almost every vintage I have, I have one runner to mirror at least one shelfer. More people come up to my pit space to oogle over my Team Car or my YZ10 than they ever would over my B4.1 or Lazer ZX5. So there, I said it --> running your vintage cars at the track will make you more friends. Keeping them to yourself will not.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

stickboy007 wrote:I don't see what all the hubub is with not liking the re-released kits. If you are honestly worried about devaluing whatever investment you made with your original kits, or if you see honor in hunting down parts for months or years on end, then the simple fact is it sucks to be you.

I would love to see more 427 Cobras on the road. Or Ferrari 275 GTB 4-cams. Those are beautiful cars and deserve better than to be kept in a hermetically sealed garage by some greedy f*****g hoarder. The same can be said for any pretty toy, and the old RC10s are arguably way prettier than the new RC10s.

I am personally fortunate enough to be able to afford more r/c cars than I know what to do with. For almost every vintage I have, I have one runner to mirror at least one shelfer. More people come up to my pit space to oogle over my Team Car or my YZ10 than they ever would over my B4.1 or Lazer ZX5. So there, I said it --> running your vintage cars at the track will make you more friends. Keeping them to yourself will not.
Glad that I now know what you are sure is "right and just".

Many members share period correct cars here, and history and documentation regarding such, so I don't see that not beating the crap out of a car as not sharing. Not your cup of tea? Sorry, others are entitled to enjoy the toys that they own just as much as you can.

Sounds like a very closed minded approach to the hobby on your end, from what I read here.

My favorite thing about the Re-Re? the general discord it has created here.

Patiofurnituregt
Approved Member

Post by Patiofurnituregt »

Johnboy72 wrote:To be clear, your racing against modern buggies Tim?
Well, for the time being. Everytime I run, more people are impressed with the WC and when I give them a chance to drive it they are even further impressed (granted it still doesn't jump like a modern car). So far, I think there are about a half dozen racers locally that are waiting to get a RC10WC to race.

On any given night there are 20+ stock buggies and usually there are 3-5 fast guys so I'm hoping I can finish 5th or 6th. I've found the WC to be about 0.5-0.7sec handicap a lap off of the really fast guys, so if I have a clean run it could do alright.
Tim Tunnermann
Team Associated Design Engineer
Team Associated | |Reedy | XP Digital | JConcepts | Futaba | Makita | Kicker | LiveRC

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
stickboy007 wrote:I don't see what all the hubub is with not liking the re-released kits. If you are honestly worried about devaluing whatever investment you made with your original kits, or if you see honor in hunting down parts for months or years on end, then the simple fact is it sucks to be you.

Glad that I now know what you are sure is "right and just".

Many members share period correct cars here, and history and documentation regarding such, so I don't see that not beating the crap out of a car as not sharing. Not your cup of tea? Sorry, others are entitled to enjoy the toys that they own just as much as you can.

Sounds like a very closed minded approach to the hobby on your end, from what I read here.

My favorite thing about the Re-Re? the general discord it has created here.
I am not emploring people to beat their cars up (if you're a good enough driver, you won't beat it up anyway). Like I said, I have shelfers and runners. Keep your shelfer on the shelf and preserve that history. That is fine. But if you have the opportunity to build a runner, either through a re-re kit or from having multiple copies of an original, I don't see what the problem is. These cars were all made to be run.

I have no doubt that most people on here (possibly yourself included) share my frustration in finding vintage parts. When people start complaining about re-res because it will devalue their stash of parts, I just don't see the point. It creates the impression that these parts are supposed to be rare, or that re-re is not true vintage or re-re owners are not true vintage enthusiasts. Sorry, but that just seems snobbish to me, and it alienates those who would otherwise not have a realistic access point into this part of the hobby. If someone really cares about sharing the vintage vibe, then why not be okay with everybody having an opportunity to own their own vintage or vintage re-re? Inclusiveness always wins in the end.

So if it sounds like I'm being closed-minded with this opinion, then you are welcome to that interpretation. I'm just saying what I think based on my experience. I know that my fellow racers get a real kick out of seeing vintage cars at the track, and I also know the success of VONATs depends in no small way on re-re kits. Can't expect to keep vintage alive without growing the supply.

tommy911t
Approved Member

Post by tommy911t »

Placing "value" on fun is a terrible idea.

You find value in collecting? Cool.
You find value in running? Cool.

That was easy.
Drivers,
Less than five... Go OnTheTone
onthetone.blogspot.com

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I don't see the tension caused by the rere??? I have only see one person seem a little upset, and that is nothing really! I feel that everyone is quite happy with the rere. Am I wrong? Where is this discord? :|

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Could be. I just find that every time I check a rere thread, somebody is complaining. Could be the same person or a small group...

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

I love the re-re cars as it lets me enjoy the hobby more, even tho my wife hates it since I just spend more. Let's let if go and move on.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

stickboy007 wrote:Could be. I just find that every time I check a rere thread, somebody is complaining. Could be the same person or a small group...
i would think its a little safe to assume the longer you have been here, the more your feelings are mixed on the re-re thing.

i dont look at my collection as an investment of money, but as an investment of time. i guarantee you searching for months or years for that one, special little part to complete a vintage build will be much more rewarding than just adding the stuff to your online hobby shop cart.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

stickboy007 wrote:Could be. I just find that every time I check a rere thread, somebody is complaining. Could be the same person or a small group...
slotcarrod wrote:I don't see the tension caused by the rere??? I have only see one person seem a little upset, and that is nothing really! I feel that everyone is quite happy with the rere. Am I wrong? Where is this discord? :|

Go back and look at the first page alone. Complete discord, wall shaking and tumultuous? No...but it's a vibe that we just flat-out didn't have here before except in very rare occasions.