Optima Long travel Suspension

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Optima Long travel Suspension

Post by Coelacanth »

I think the Turbo and Salute kind of both addressed that issue...the Turbo body was much more wing-like, especially at the rear, and the Salute had a wing. I don't know what was up with the Pro, though, but the weight distribution on that car was probably a bit different than the Optima/Turbo/Salute cars. I just remember the word back then was that Optimas needed wings to improve their jump behavior.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

alcyon
Approved Member

Post by alcyon »

Coelacanth wrote:I think the Turbo and Salute kind of both addressed that issue...the Turbo body was much more wing-like, especially at the rear, and the Salute had a wing. I don't know what was up with the Pro, though, but the weight distribution on that car was probably a bit different than the Optima/Turbo/Salute cars. I just remember the word back then was that Optimas needed wings to improve their jump behavior.
Bro, did you see my video on youtube of me racing my LWB mid against a Lazer ZX in 1991 ? Look at part 2 in the vid, there was a turbo optima in it.

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

they wanted

STEERING

:mrgreen:

anyway some drivers splitted the pack and mounted the batteries lenghtwise .....

mvh Isobarik