What's for dinner?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Incredible_Serious wrote:At risk of alienating myself from the carnivores around here......
I have no problem with the choice, but I personally would not be able to live without meat and dairy. I'm not even sure which I like more. :mrgreen: You'll probably out live me though! :lol:

Speaking of which, this Alfredo recipe should be banned from existence it's so good. I could eat a whole pan with a spoon. :oops: I use 1/2 block of cream cheese instead of the 2T and the max Parmesan. The cheap canned stuff works much better than fresh in this particular recipe. I add chicken and jalapenos. I thought I had Fettuccine in the pantry, but was wrong so I had to use Angel Hair. Still absolutely killer though.
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cco/olive-garden-alfredo-fettuccine.html

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I agree, no problem at all with what ever choice someone makes. I bet he is going to out live both of us.

There are so many options out there, I can see that there is not need for meat. WHAT? Did I just say that??? :lol:

Those jalapenos look great! I am going to start some plants from seed later today, get an early start this year.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
Incredible_Serious wrote:At risk of alienating myself from the carnivores around here......
I have no problem with the choice, but I personally would not be able to live without meat and dairy. I'm not even sure which I like more. :mrgreen: You'll probably out live me though! :lol:
With all the crap in the planet these days (in the water, in the air, in the ground, on everything as it grows, added after harvest, or during manufacture), everybody's likely to live shorter lives... I'm just hoping to take a few less sentient beings with me!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Speaking of which, this Alfredo recipe should be banned from existence it's so good. I could eat a whole pan with a spoon. :oops: I use 1/2 block of cream cheese instead of the 2T and the max Parmesan. The cheap canned stuff works much better than fresh in this particular recipe. I add chicken and jalapenos. I thought I had Fettuccine in the pantry, but was wrong so I had to use Angel Hair. Still absolutely killer though.
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cco/olive-garden-alfredo-fettuccine.html
That's one scary recipe!!! Cream, butter, cream cheese, cheese!!!! I'm glad you added the chillis for some veg!

Actually, I may have a go at replicating that... without the heavy cream, but I can replace most of the other ingredients. I'll also add onions and lots of garlic.... wish me luck!

Diamond Dave wrote:I agree, no problem at all with what ever choice someone makes. I bet he is going to out live both of us.

There are so many options out there, I can see that there is not need for meat. WHAT? Did I just say that??? :lol:

Those jalapenos look great! I am going to start some plants from seed later today, get an early start this year.

Beer probably means I won't outlive many.... but it'll be a blast the whole way! You're right about the options and replacements though... the only real problem we have these days is eating out, and even that's improving slowly.

I will say that my chilli and coriander plants are FINALLY starting to grow properly, so I'm looking forward to some great future dishes! Nothing like picking your own chilli / tomato / basil / garlic / coriander / whatever and cooking with it.

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Incredible_Serious wrote:I'm just hoping to take a few less sentient beings with me!

The ones we eat are begging to be put out of their misery. Have you SEEN a boneless chicken?

Ok, ok....j/k.... :mrgreen:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

gomachv wrote:
Incredible_Serious wrote:I'm just hoping to take a few less sentient beings with me!

The ones we eat are begging to be put out of their misery. Have you SEEN a boneless chicken?

:lol: :lol: Right on!

I love growing hot peppers, cilantro, Thai basil, even tried garlic many times. Avacado is fun as well. Sure is satisfying to pick it, cook with it and enjoy the real flavor of fresh food.

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Post by hawgfanman »

gomachv wrote:

Haha! I busted out laughing when I read that! That's some funny stuff! :lol:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Simple dinner last night. Grilled chicken, roasted potatoes and corn on the cob. The reason it's relevant is that it's the first corn on the cob of the season around here. I was thrilled to see it at the store. What a boring life I lead... :lol:

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I grill year round, but it's always more fun when the weather turns warmer, so I fired up the smoker last Sunday. :D I've played around with my rib rub and technique over the years and have gotten to a point where I'm really happy with them. I figured I'd get everyone in the mood for the weekend...

Ken

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Damn good lookin' Thumbs. I wil have to fire up the smoker here soon, been craving tri-tip and ribs myself.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

JK Racing wrote:Damn good lookin' Thumbs. I wil have to fire up the smoker here soon, been craving tri-tip and ribs myself.
I'm craving brisket, but I've been too lazy to get up at 4:00 a.m. on a weekend! :oops: :lol:
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Just in case anyone needs any ideas for all that leftover Easter ham. I like to cube it up, saute it and make grilled ham and chesse sandwiches with Jalapeno. I prefer the sliced Jalapenos in the jar for sandwiches.

Ken

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

ok, what time is lunch?

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I grill a butterflied chicken and it's legs go into the same position as my wife's... :?

Sometimes when the birds fly overhead laughing at me I like to point at the grill and yell "You think that's funny??!!". Oh how those birds mock me... Especially the Mocking Birds... :evil:

Ken

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

:lol: :lol:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

These went down a treat over the weekend.....

1. Kale Curry - Fresh kale from out in the back garden, curried up by the better half in a recipe she made up as she went..... was amazing!
Pic6.JPG
2. Home-made Bagels - My turn, came out great, all gone in a couple of days!!!!
Bagels.JPG
3. The Vegan Big Breakfast - Pictorial evidence that 'us lot' get hangovers too..... the perfect Sunday morning fare: Scrambled Tofu, Linda McCartney sausages, fried onion, tomato, and mushroom, all on home-made bread and bagels, toasted. Sadly, no baked beans to top it all off, but definitely not missed!!!!
Breakfast.JPG
This 'healthy eating' is going great for putting on weight...... and a big :mrgreen:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!