Hello from coastal North Carolina

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Jeremy

Hello from coastal North Carolina

Post by Jeremy »

Hello all. My name is Jeremy and I live in the coastal North Carolina area. I have had a few RC cars throughout the years, but currently I only have my first build which is an RC10T2.. I originally purchased this truck in 1992 i think at the age of 12 with money I saved from my paper route. I built it and played with it for a few years then lost interest. I put it down until 1998ish when I came home on leave from the Marine Corps and found it in my parents attic. I did a little research and reading. Put some mod parts on it and played with it for a couple more years. After I lost interest again, back into a box it went up until a few weeks ago. A buddies daughter had a birthday party and got a Traxxas Rustler. She was talking it up about its so fast and whatnot, so naturally I made a bet and told her that my 22 year old truck would drag it around. So here I am, rebuilding a 22 year old RC10T2.... It kinda makes me feel like a kid again...

TRX-1-3

Re: Hello from coastal North Carolina

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Jeremy,

I know what you mean. You are going to have a blast. There are just no bad memories when it comes to RC. Get that T2 back in shape. Welcome.

Mark
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Thank you for the welcome Mark!! I got it running on Friday evening. I did a little testing in my backyard with some slipping issues in the drivetrain. I tightened the diff and clutch took it back into my yard and tested again, this time with some giggles and smiles because it was hooking and doing wheelies all over the yard. I packed up and went to my buddies house to drag that Rustler around… Got there and we went head to head on the street. That little 22 year old truck went like a raped ape!!!! For about 75 feet, and then it died… (insert sad face)… I walked towards the truck and it started to respond a bit, but it was notch and twitchy. I assumed that my 22 year old JR Propo AM 75Hz radio system was not up to the task. I packed up and headed to the LHS, and picked up a new Spektrum DX3C 2.4Ghz DSM radio system. I headed back to my buddies house and did a pop and swap on the tailgate of my truck, got it running again and did a distance test. It was probably over a hundred yards away before I decided that was far enough and turned the truck around and brought it back. WOW TECHNOLOGY!!!! After about another ten minutes of tooling around and adjusting settings, I think the clutch overheated and started to slip bad and then the battery died. Its on the charger now, and I would like to get some more stick time today, but the slipping issues are worrying me which led to my other thread in a different sub forum ( I don't remember which one). Well I can honestly say that I have missed playing around with RC and I am happy to be back!!

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

WELCOME AND I SEE YOUR HAVEN FUN ALREADY!!!! :lol:
DON 8)

SONYtec

Post by SONYtec »

Welcome!!!