Time to pass on the collection. NOT!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Phin
Approved Member

Re: Time to pass on the collection. NOT!

Post by Phin »

Very slick but I'd lose the MSC and save room by using a micro-switch. Or better yet go with a small nitro engine. :)

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

RC104ever wrote:I know how you feel! I have been spending all my time with my new R3 and the RC stuff has literally been gathering dust. I would like to thin the herd a bit or sell off some of the valuable / rare bits but I can't quite bring myself to do it yet.

Like I was told, you'll regret it. I sort of miss the few bits I've sold even though I wasn't doing anything with them. :lol: Guess I'll never be able to kick the habit so I'll just cope with my addiction. I'll just try not to collect things I won't use and finish the projects I've got sitting around. Definitely don't part with anything rare or precious to you.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Phin wrote:Very slick but I'd lose the MSC and save room by using a micro-switch. Or better yet go with a small nitro engine. :)

I was thinking about just showing the mechanical components instead of trying to hide it. I like the way a good old fashioned speed control looks when it's being throttled, sort of like the linkage on a carburetor. Although I do want it to run it will be more of an art piece. We'll see how it comes about. I've started making a list of stuff to order from Tower Hobbies. Going to need lots of brass tubing and solder. :D

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Phin wrote:Very slick but I'd lose the MSC and save room by using a micro-switch. Or better yet go with a small nitro engine. :)
Wait a second! A nitro engine, then I could put a fuel tank on the front of it. What size would be good for something like this? It would probably flip with my luck. :mrgreen: I would probably have to do some kind of belt drive then. I'll think about it for sure.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

PlastiZapCA+ wrote:What size would be good for something like this?
That, I've got no advice on. It's only recently that I started thinking about building a couple of fuel burners so I know very little about them. :oops:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

depending on how set you are on that rear axle, you could use a b44 diff assembly, and run the nitro engine north south. instead of drive cups, machine some axles that fit as the outdrives with some wheel adapters clamped/set screwed on. then the back end would be held up with the diff case.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

This all sounds complicated, I think I'll stick with electric. :P This way I can actually build it instead of thinking about it.

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

That's probably good.... if you went nitro you woulda had to find a nice supercharger for the engine for extra realism points lol
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2