My story/Hello From North-western NC

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ChaosKevin

My story/Hello From North-western NC

Post by ChaosKevin »

Many yrs ago, my brother and I ran RC10 on a backyard track. Mine was a used black pan with a stealth trans and some race upgrades. I bought it from an RC shop that had an outdoor track and I think it was likely a retired race buggy. My Brother bought a new gold pan which I think was a re-issue but at that time we didn't concern ourselves such details. We ran these cars against a third brother who bought a used Losi. Over time, we grew tired of waiting for batteries to charge and probably destroying said batteries by abusing them. So we quit running at all and these went on the shelf.

A few years back the wife of the Losi-owner bought him a 1/16 E-revo which sparked new interest in RCs. Its been mostly Traxxas stuff starting with the little Revo bashing then another track was built, then a pair of Rustlers appeared which were much more stable than the little Revos. I got tired of losing to the 1/10 scale trucks so I bought a Chinese copy of a Slash 4wd and installed some capable electronics and now the Rustlers couldn't keep up with the traction and stability of the "sorta-slash". Here is where the old RC10 re-emerged, I needed something that was somewhat competitive with the Rustlers but still a fair fight. I had decided that I didn't want to spend any more $ with Traxxas and there were enough parts left between our RC10s to put something together. Running on brushed power the RC10's superior handling could almost keep up with the brushless competition. The conversion to brushless was the motivation for joining here and was going to be the subject of this post. But it quickly turned into what seemed more fitting as an intro-post so here it is.

Now, the same driver who introduced the Rustlers against the little Revos and bought a Rustler4x4 to compete with my "sorta-Slash" which now has an LCG chassis that I got from a Craigslist roller. These two are pretty even on our track conditions. I the continued quest to own the "King of the backyard", I see a Tekno SCT410 in my future. I will likely keep the Slash as the fair competition as long as the 4wd Rustler is around. But my more immediate plan is to build the RC10 with BL and spank the Rustlers.

OK, now I am off to ask the questions that I came to ask....