Kyosho Sandmaster MK-II

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho Sandmaster MK-II

Post by Coelacanth »

ron wrote:Those anodized blue rod ends are from HOR racing in HK. $3.20 a pair, I think. $5 flat shipping cost no matter how many pairs you order, so I got 12 (6 pairs). They function great, but I would say are less stronger than standard 3mm plastic rod ends, they would fail under extreme condition like crashes and stuff, very SCALE looking, no I think its in blue only, and silver. The description will be wrong, they will say the thread size is 2mm and ball hole is 3mm, actually its 2mm all around.
Man, that's too bad, I was also going to ask you about those alloy ball-ends, they look awesome, until you said they're 2mm. Indeed, they wouldn't be too durable. If they were 3mm threads with something in the neighborhood of 5mm captured balls, I'd be buying me a whole wack of those for $3.20 a pair. :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

UserUnrelated wrote:Oh hey look at these!
http://store.rc4wd.com/High-Precision-Billet-Tie-Rod-End-M3-Red_p_640.html
that'd be $30 for the whole vehicle... that's a bit much... But it REALLY would look awesome.
I think I've bought a set of 4 much like that. They're 3mm threaded ends but the whole ball end is rather large & chunky. You can see one on the inside of the camber link on my OptiMutt project car. Another minor annoyance is they're threaded only one way so if you're using turnbuckles, one side won't adjust properly. One side will tighten on both ends in one direction and loosen in the other direction, but the other side will loosen at one end and tighten at the other end as you turn the turnbuckle. If you're using standard threaded rods, no worries, but it's not ideal for turnbuckles with one end having a reversed thread.
FrontEnd_Revised1.jpg
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

ron
Approved Member

Post by ron »

Don't worry Coelacanth, its also available in 3mm standard, with 3mm ball hole diameter and 3mm thread diameter. check out HOR racing site, and I think its $3.64 or something for the pair 8). The 2mm ones pretty solid built, but for all of them, the rod end is AL, ball is steel and the bushing around the ball that hold it in the rod end frame is aluminum, unlike the $30 pair that have brass. Well if you want a diff one, go visit RC channel, they have beautifully rod ends too, at $2 one, it has the brass bushing holding the ball in place, but the ball is a little loose within the socket of the rod end, around 0.3mm or so. But try the HOR 3mm one, its great looking. Yeah get a link that has reverse or opposite threads on both ends, plastic rod ends can easily adapt to the threads.

Userunrelated -nice looking washers :D Yeah why not put a little bling into the buggy! It'll look great. I have been meaning to point out the orientation of the head on the engine, turn it 90 degree in either direction so that the fines are parallel with the length of the body, you will have air flowing in between the fins for a more effective cooling :mrgreen:

OK might have better luck next visit. I missed out on a heavily used tamiya vintage sand scorcher going for $40, had the body, old radio gear and all, but in a bad way, heavy scorch makes under the chassis, tires cracked and all, but all there.

trx1

Post by trx1 »

this was my 1st real nitro rc. just picked up another with a locked up engine. :D
Whats the best way to unlock it so i can see if it stilll runs :?:
also, where could i get bearings for this at??
r the tires 2.2 :?:

trx1

Post by trx1 »

Now i have both e and n versions of the outrage buggy. id post a pic but dont know how