New addition to the RC fleet

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Steve71
Approved Member

New addition to the RC fleet

Post by Steve71 »

Decided to get a new RC and since I have multiple monster trucks I decided to add a bit of variety to my RC collection with this one. Picked up an Arrma Felony yesterday. Also bought a clear body for it as well (was an expensive trip to the LHS lol) so I could airbrush it up. Have ordered a few things for it already like SMC 135c twin 3s packs, head & tail light kit, plan to made my own aluminum rear wing and welded rear wing mount that mounts to the chassis rather than the body. We'll see where it goes from there. Should be a fun car to own, I haven't owned an on-road car in over 20 yrs so gonna be different.

BattleTrak

Re: New addition to the RC fleet

Post by BattleTrak »

Awesome.. I have been wanting one of those too. Been impressed with the videos I’ve seen.
-Brad

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Yeah I bet I have watched every video on youtube about the Felony in the past 2 weeks tryin to decide if I wanted to get one :lol:
The price had me going back & forth, but the videos of them just looked like too much fun and I couldn't resist anymore.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Every time I see big Arrma stuff online, I am like "I don't get it," "it's too big," "that body is a too ehh," "where TH does one store that thing?"

Then I see them in the LHS and only think, "I MUST HAVE THAT!!!" :D They are so much more impressive in real life! So far, the $$$ has done a good job of keeping me away.

Good luck with the project!!
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

morrisey0 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:02 pm Then I see them in the LHS and only think, "I MUST HAVE THAT!!!" :D They are so much more impressive in real life!
After losing the desire to complete and drive my DR10 project, I wondered if someone in the world like to trade me their Arrma for my little drag car. So today this came into my life............
infraction 1.jpg
TBH, I test drove this thing on 3S with speed gear installed, and it was a little too fast for me! :mrgreen: Hope I get a hang of it!
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

How is the Felony treating you Steve? Updates, upgrades?

I have been so stoked since acquiring my Infraction. TBH, the hardest part is finding a finding a place large/smooth enough to let this thing spread its wings. You would think this is easy, but it really isn't. :wink:

I am looking to push this heavy beast as fast as she will go on 6S. Have a lot of parts showing up this week, so hopefully this weekend I can get some stock vs. upgrades runs in.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

This car has been on my short list to get. How has the durability on the chassis been?

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

It's ORANGE ! The fish is shocked and the duck hates it , I like the colour though .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

shodog wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:41 pm This car has been on my short list to get. How has the durability on the chassis been?
I actually have not even ran it yet if you can believe that :oops: I've just been so busy and had so many things going on with my small business and family stuff that I haven't had a whole lot of time to take anything out and run yet. I hope to change that in the next week though. Just swapped on some new xt90's to the ESC the other day and charged the batts so hope to be able to get it out maybe as soon as this weekend finally.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Dadio wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:46 am It's ORANGE ! The fish is shocked and the duck hates it , I like the colour though .
Wasn't orange for very long lol. The first thing I do when I get a new car is buy a clear body to paint. I just never liked having a body that everyone else has. So I sold the stock body and painted up this one for it.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

It's been 2-3 months since I bought the Felony, and I had yet to even get it out for a run. Just been so busy with work stuff as well as tons of other projects I had not made the time to run it yet. So this evening I decided to change that and I got her out for the very first run. Holy crap are these Felony's fast. Coming from the RC Monster truck world, this sort of speed is a real handful to get use too that's for sure. Gonna have to find a bigger parking lot to run it because it runs out of room before I can do more than just blip it to full throttle.