Looking for 1/10 COE Truck Bodies

Show off your paintwork, tips/tricks, decals, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

morrisey0

Looking for 1/10 COE Truck Bodies

Post by morrisey0 »

I am looking to build a 1/10 wheelstander just for fun, but am not finding much in regards to COE bodies outside of Tam Euro Truck TT01 bodies. The Tami bodies may work, but are a little off on WB from the Legends chassis I have sitting around, although that can be worked around if needed. Anyone got any leads?

Oh, and I am tossing the idea of Tami 1/14 Semi because, well, this is just a cheap gimmicky fun thing. :)
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Phin
Approved Member

Re: Looking for 1/10 COE Truck Bodies

Post by Phin »

Bolink Little Red Wagon body was for a legends based car but it was 12th scale.

https://www.rjspeed.com/bodies/Bolink/BL2037.html

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Yea, the Little Red Wagon was got me thinking about this, and I thought it would be just right for my Legends chassis, but the WB of the body is super short. I would LOVE to find that body in the 240-245mm WB range!

Right now I am looking at Tami Unimogs, for no other reason than it makes no sense! :)
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

The only other COE bodies that I can think of are the Dahm's Camino 2000, and the Kyosho Blizzard...but the Camino is likely too big for what you want @ 9" wide x 17 3/4" long.

How about modding a Midnight Pumpkin body?

https://www.scalebuildersguild.com/forum/threads/can-a-tamiya-midnight-pumpkin-be-transformed-into-a-55-56-ford-coe.28004/

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Maybe do a Barracuda "Hemi Under Glass" type.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:34 pm Maybe do a Barracuda "Hemi Under Glass" type.
Hhhmmm......a nice scale engine under some rear glass is intriguing. I will keep this in mind.

I have told myself to shelf this idea 3-4 times, as there are literally dozens of projects waiting in front of it, but the the wheelstander idea keeps drawing me in. :wink: I am going to continue to look for the "right" body, but I came up with a backup that was sitting around, in case nothing better pops its head.
blackfoot wheelster 1.jpg
I also started researching putting some modern drag wheels/tires on a basic pan car chassis axle, and I found out the Tami F103 ran 12mm hex wheels in the rear ................ and coincidentally, I have one of those in the stash. :) It is similar in width, so I think I can make something work between the two. The Tami ran the thrust bearing within the wheel, so that may get tricky, or just get deleted, which is probably what will happen.
tami f103 axle 1.jpg
Either way, I have some rjspeed stuff coming, and some Losi 22s drag wheels on the way. Should be able to make something happen. :mrgreen:

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

I probably wouldn't run a diff in a wheelstander. All of the Bolink/RJ Wheelstanders and Diggers (on road) used solid axles.

I've heard about people putting ball diffs in Diggers, and it making for interesting antics. They to be so tight that they were useless.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Here's a VW Splitty pick-up body, but the wheelbase may be 10-15mm longer than you want.

https://landlmodels.co.uk/products/tc063-vw-splitty-pick-up-transporter

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

That double cab is pretty cool, but with shipping from UK, it is a bit too much for this little side project. Thanks for the link though! It may very end up working out well for another project. :D

I got a deal I am working out this weekend for a Tower Hobbies TX/RX kit for my Stadium Blitzer, and the seller sent me pics of a couple of other things he has for sale. I don't know what this body is, but by default, it maybe become my COE wheelstander body. :D It also has a longer wb than I really wany, but I may try to make it work.

edit: via the interwebs, it is a RGT Bowler body
Attachments
coe (temp).jpg

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Axial 1/10 Mighty FC body might work... a little long at 11.4in. wheelbase

Vazbody made a VW T1 truck body with a 10.125 wheelbase... would need to email him... vazbody@gmail

Cab is a bit long but there's the NovaHobby 10.1in. wheelbase T1 body as well

Possibilities if you didn't snag that Bowler body.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Dangeruss wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:46 am Axial 1/10 Mighty FC body might work... a little long at 11.4in. wheelbase

Vazbody made a VW T1 truck body with a 10.125 wheelbase... would need to email him... vazbody@gmail

Cab is a bit long but there's the NovaHobby 10.1in. wheelbase T1 body as well

Possibilities if you didn't snag that Bowler body.
Thanks! That Axial is almost as ugly as the RGT body! :D The Nova body appears to be the same as the one listed above, but can be bought through ebay with decent shipping ........... so probably going to get one of those no matter what. The Vazbody is interesting in that it is about the same WB as the double cab, but 200mm wide. I may need all the room I can get to squeeze the slicks under there! I have contacted them to see about availability and shipping.

Looking further, Vazbody has quite a few bodies worth checking out! Scirocco MK1 (I owned one), and a BMW E30 PU???? Owned one of those too, but a convertible and not a pickup!! :)

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

morrisey0 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:28 am Thanks! That Axial is almost as ugly as the RGT body! :D The Nova body appears to be the same as the one listed above, but can be bought through ebay with decent shipping ........... so probably going to get one of those no matter what. The Vazbody is interesting in that it is about the same WB as the double cab, but 200mm wide. I may need all the room I can get to squeeze the slicks under there! I have contacted them to see about availability and shipping.

Looking further, Vazbody has quite a few bodies worth checking out! Scirocco MK1 (I owned one), and a BMW E30 PU???? Owned one of those too, but a convertible and not a pickup!! :)
You're welcome! Yeah, the FC's are on the puggly looking side. The Nova body is indeed from eBay but I had to use a different pic because I couldn't get the eBay url to appear inline for some reason. The Vazbody would be the best looking, especially if you're going to tuck the tires. He for sure does have some nice bodies (that E30 pickup is too cool)... but if you really wanna drool, go to littohot.com and search for "1/10 body". Something like 300 different body styles in stock (and about as many out of stock), mostly road race, drift and rally but... some of 'em are so cool they make you almost want to build a car just to have an excuse to use the body. :D

Neighbor had a pretty neat Scirocco before he replaced it with a Starion... but E30 convertibles are just too cool for words... nearly bought a graphite metallic one once... was sooo pretty :lol: