rc10gt steering adjustment

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

exitrooster

rc10gt steering adjustment

Post by exitrooster »

Hey all - Been enjoying my (new to me) rc10gt a bunch. I have a question about how to adjust the steering though.

My remote control's adjustment (the fine tuning 'wheel', pot switch, whatever ya'll call it) is cranked all the way to get teh wheels to align left, literally. Car still slightly leans right, though it's drivable. Still, I'd much prefer for that adjustment to be more in the center and the car drive perfectly (or as much can be) straight with the option of tweaking the adjustment if necessary.

For those (most of you I'm sure) who haven't been following my posts, I got this car used, but the previous owner apparently didn't drive it more than once or twice, and I'm doubting he bothered with proper setup/configuration based on the lack of use.

I see a metal nut on what would be the front passenger side which seems to link some of the front steering servo stuff to the linkage on the front wheels, but turning it made no difference. How do I go about making an adjustment? I didn't see anything on the servo (though I'm no master at this stuff by ANY means) to set a 'zero' position or anything.. Only thing I can think of is removing the ball cup dealio thing that's on the first metal rod off the servo and trying to adjust it by making it looser or tighter, but as they are plastic and I have no idea what it's existing setting is, I'm not sure if that's what I should do or if I'm going to end up breaking it (are they adjustable, of glued/locked into place?) or of if that metal nut (it's a round thumb-screw-type thing??) is the key to adjusting, or something entirely else.. If possible, a link to a photo or something would be great if it's not dead plainly obvious what I need to do :) Thanks in advance for your assistance :)

scr8p
Administrator

Re: rc10gt steering adjustment

Post by scr8p »

take the horn off the servo. center the steering trim on the radio, make sure the front tires are straight, and re-install the servo horn. then use the steering trim on the radio to fine tune it so the truck runs straight.

the servo horn should be pretty much vertical when done so you get the same throw left or right. you might have to adjust the tie rod between the servo and steering bellcrank to accomplish this.

Chewbacca
Approved Member

Re: rc10gt steering adjustment

Post by Chewbacca »

What scr8p said...

OR depending how far off the prvious owner built the car you might have to readjust the turnbuckles as well. But first center the horn on the servo
*** POWDER - KING ***