New Tamtech and TT-01E?

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

New Tamtech and TT-01E?

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I've been looking at the new Tamiya Lamborghinis. They look pretty cool. They've got the 1/12 Tamtech version, and the 1/10 TT-01E version. I've never had either platform. Anybody have any experience with either of those chassis'? Will the Tamtech take a regular 6 cell pack? I'm not looking for a super performance machine, I just love Lamborghinis and think the Tamiyas look cool. I'm leaning towards the 1/12 because it will take up less space on the shelf, and probably be a little easier to drive around the apartment. Thoughts? Insight?

I might just get another Mini Cooper, but that Countach looks so cool.

aconsola
Approved Member

Re: New Tamtech and TT-01E?

Post by aconsola »

I got the tt01-E VW GTI (to match my 1:1) The chassis is a very basic 4wd platform with friction shocks, and cheezy plastic driveshafts and drive cups. The steering tierods were actually solid plastic with those step-screws attaching them instead of ball joints, which means that they only pivot in one dimension. The things actually have to flex to let the front suspension move, which made the front end very stiff. Silly design. I replaced them while building with standard rod ends and ball studs, and the front suspension seems to move better. Haven't actually driven it yet, seems a waste to get it all dirty and scratched when there are others on the shelf that could be bashed.

I have been looking at the lambos too, they are really neat, might get one of the tamtech ones to build up.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Um, that doesn't make the TT-01E sound worth it at all. Like I said, I'm not looking for a super performance machine, but I don't want a total POS either. Maybe the Tamtech is the way to go. But, then that 288 GTO looks so good in that scale too.

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Um, that doesn't make the TT-01E sound worth it at all. Like I said, I'm not looking for a super performance machine, but I don't want a total POS either. Maybe the Tamtech is the way to go. But, then that 288 GTO looks so good in that scale too.
1 each of the lambo and the ferrari then. That would look real good on the shelf together.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

The Tamtech Gears won't accept a standard battery pack or a standard size steering servo :( they don't run a 540 size motor either.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I don't mind the no standard servo or 540, but the no standard battery kind of kills it for me. Crapola. Well, I guess I could just buy the 1/10 Lambo body kit and put it on a real touring car chassis.

Or, maybe I'll just get that Mini Cooper instead. 8)

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I have a few of the Tamtech porsches and the off road fox and frog. They are really a slick engineered car with it's inboard front dampers. They accept mini radio, battery and ESC gear just like what you would use in an 18T or Mini T. I dropped a Mamba brushless with the 8000 motor in my porsche and it was really fast. The only hop up you will really need is a set of oil filled dampers.