Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tizeye
Approved Member

Re: Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

Post by tizeye »

Acemechanic wrote:I have a question I came across an ebay posting for a Big Boy Toys sprinter. I don't think this car is a Big Boy Toys sprinter. What is it? I seem to think its a custom works chassis. I emailed the seller and told him/her that I didn't think what they were selling was accuate. The seller still has not chaged the ad. Here are the photos that they have posted on the auction.
I've seen that to it's not a Big Boys sprinter...and you could be right about it being a Custom Works chassis..either way it's too expensive and it's at least the 2nd time that it's been listed..there is a nice BBT chassis and parts in the buy and sell section here..

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Just had to put this pic up with the blower attached..it really shows up the BLING 8)

Pete
Attachments
hemi 014.jpg

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

tizeye wrote:
Acemechanic wrote:I have a question I came across an ebay posting for a Big Boy Toys sprinter. I don't think this car is a Big Boy Toys sprinter. What is it? I seem to think its a custom works chassis. I emailed the seller and told him/her that I didn't think what they were selling was accuate. The seller still has not chaged the ad. Here are the photos that they have posted on the auction.
I've seen that to it's not a Big Boys sprinter...and you could be right about it being a Custom Works chassis..either way it's too expensive and it's at least the 2nd time that it's been listed..there is a nice BBT chassis and parts in the buy and sell section here..
the cage and body is custom works, but the chassis isn't. it's not a bbt chassis either. i don't think anyone ever figured out who made them. wyldbill has 2 of them.

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

Here are some updated photos of my spinter all decaled. I was very pleased when I opened up the envelope to find the decals were infact orange. They worked out perfectly. Let me know what you think. Next things to get done is getting the electronics to get it up and running.

Gordon.
Attachments
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 001.jpg

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

I like it! its sharp :D
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

hey ace, here is a link to my posting on the 2 that i have in case you didnt happen to see it.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2591&p=22640&hilit=custom+works+sprint#p22640

the price that guy wants is outrageous i think i paid $50 for the partial one i got and like $125 for the complete roller. they must have been fairly popular some whare because i keep finding them on ebay now and then here is one that was on ebay a few months ago it was listed as a B.B.T. nylon sprint,
Attachments
BBT NYLON 1.jpg
BBT NYLON 1.jpg (19.75 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
BBT NYLON 1.jpg
BBT NYLON 1.jpg (19.75 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
BBT NYLON 3.jpg
BBT NYLON 3.jpg (16.6 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
BBT NYLON 3.jpg
BBT NYLON 3.jpg (16.6 KiB) Viewed 1163 times

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

That came out very rrealistic.

You should make a little inner cover to hide the rear bulkhead, or is it hidden by the driver?

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

wyldbill wrote:hey ace, here is a link to my posting on the 2 that i have in case you didnt happen to see it.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2591&p=22640&hilit=custom+works+sprint#p22640

the price that guy wants is outrageous i think i paid $50 for the partial one i got and like $125 for the complete roller. they must have been fairly popular some whare because i keep finding them on ebay now and then here is one that was on ebay a few months ago it was listed as a B.B.T. nylon sprint,
Thanks Wyldbill. No I did not see that posting. I really like those cars. You got yourself a pretty good score there. I am going to keep an eye out to try and find an answer. The chassis looks very familuar to me. I seem to remember seeing a car just like these when I was searching for wheels and tires for my BBT. I just can't remember where I saw them. Any how I will keep you posted if I find anything.

Gordon.

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

Mr. ED wrote:That came out very rrealistic.

You should make a little inner cover to hide the rear bulkhead, or is it hidden by the driver?
I was thinking about making some sort of cover to hide the bulk head. I want to buy the rest of the running gear and get that stuff sorted out because I don't have a whole lot of room for batteries ect. Then I can make the cover to hide the uglyness :lol:

Gordon.

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Acemechanic wrote:
Mr. ED wrote:That came out very rrealistic.

I was thinking about making some sort of cover to hide the bulk head. I want to buy the rest of the running gear and get that stuff sorted out because I don't have a whole lot of room for batteries ect. Then I can make the cover to hide the uglyness :lol:

Gordon.
you just need to find a driver that will work with the body you have to cover the bulk head

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Or you could dye it black..that would make it less obvious

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Tizeye looking good man. Still waiting to get my hands on one.

Acemechanic, Awsome man that would be the perfect car for me. I could see it un like mine when it gets on the back strech. lol
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

I have what I think is finally the right body for my car...I've purchased 4 different bodies since I began my build and each of the other 3 were either to narrow at the cage or too short...now I can at last get it painted and finished..it's taken a long time and a lot of frustration but it was worth it...it still requires a little trimming yet but I'm very happy with how it looks...the tail that came with this body won't fit..but the tail of one of the other bodies will so it's a combo..
Pete
Attachments
mixed 0262.jpg
mixed 0252.jpg
mixed 0232.jpg

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Hard to believe it is 1/10 from these pics. It looks as detailed as a quarter scale

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Thanks MrEd I'm trying to make it look as realistic as I can...not an easy task when the proportions are all wrong....