Lap for lap show down!!! RC10 vs B4!!!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JHarris
Approved Member

Re: Lap for lap show down!!! RC10 vs B4!!!

Post by JHarris »

Another factor for consideration is the power in the vehicle used during the comparison. We have been running the LRP 13.5 and brushed 19t motors in ours, so far. They do require more driving, but they work just fine. I plan to try bumping it up to a 10.5bl next weekend at the indoor track in practice, just to see. We will also run one with a 17.5bl, again; just to see. Not to steal any thunder from Rod's efforts since they are far more involved and scientific than what Ruffy, Jeremy and I are doing, but I need the info for our own efforts and any future plans we may have for these cars.

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

JeremyH wrote:Lap for lap a RC10 is right up there with a B4. I just TQ'd and won a state race with 27 other B4s and Kyosho RB-5s with my RC10. It really just comes down to the driver just like in any race.
Jeremy is right. A local race I just went to the slowest truck on the track won the race. Keep in mind this guy is in his 70's and has been at this game for a long time. He was slow and smooth. He would get passed by faster cars but they would ball them up and he would motor on by. It was a pleasure to see.

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

I'm building a gold pan runner, for next weekend hopefully. Using the original 6-gear tranny, and all white parts, just to get a feel for my old long-lost friend once more. It will also use the gold shocks, but not the original shock towers. I will use the towers from the Team Car front and back, and will probably rattle can a Protech body for it if I have time; or use my MirageSS off my car.

I'll let you all know how she feels compared to my '93 Worlds car.
I just want to really go OLD school, like I learned to run these RC10's way back in 1984-85 timeframe. The chassis will be a B chassis, so I can switch it to a stealth if I am getting smoked by the young wipper-snappers! :lol:

corkyjohnson75
Approved Member

Post by corkyjohnson75 »

My son ran his rc10 at the weekend there were 4 heats and a final 10 car heats 7 b4's 2 x6's and his rc10 he came 4th every race never finished the final because in rained and the car stopped water in the electrics . that was the first time we have ran the car as ive just finished building it it went realy well for a 16 year old car handled just as good as the b4's we were over the moon with it . its not standard its got a few mods .

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

When I was running my What's old is new rc-10 at my local track during open practice I had no problems making the Short Course trucks look slow. Unfortunately, that is all they really race, so I could not get a fair comparison buggy for buggy. At the time I was running a 27t Brushed motor.

Really looking forward to the lap time study. :D

ED

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

A Stealth trannied RC10 like a Team or Worlds will be able to compete. If you win, it's all driver! My B4 will turn faster lap times than my modded Gold Pan with stealth.

Link to my car (It has won many races against B4's) :

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14761&start=0

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qClCFng0ceE

Not exactly even... The older RC10's were running 13.5's, the B4's, 10.5's.