Lap for lap show down!!! RC10 vs B4!!!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

amx73
Approved Member

Lap for lap show down!!! RC10 vs B4!!!

Post by amx73 »

Anybody do a track smack down? Lap for lap comparison of an RC10 vs B4? Heck you could make it a whole series...RC10 vs...? A list of cars comes to mind, and I think it would be interesting to see how the other cars have progressed over the years. I know there are alot of "New/Old" RC10's being raced but, i think it should be limited to only factory parts! And do a seperate comparison with a modified RC10.

Both cars would use the same electronics, same motor, batteries, and tires....

Has this already been done? :lol:
One mans junk, is another mans treasure!!

badattitude
Approved Member

Re: Lap for lap show down!!! RC10 vs B4!!!

Post by badattitude »

I would love to see it. Wish there was a dirt track by me. I'd video my RC10 v some B4's for the forum.

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

Vintage RC10's at our indoor track-Port St. Lucie, Florida
Some people are currently racing the RC10 against all modern cars.

[youtube]<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z881kMR4Fec&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z881kMR4Fec&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>[/youtube]

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

rcca did a stootout between the 2 a couple years ago. the article is in the scan archives.

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

what mag is it in ?
Morten Max

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I was saving this for later but now that the cat is out of the bag! :roll:

I am doing all the rc10's for track lap times and testing. As part of my 25 Year's of the RC10 program. I have been working on this for just over a year. The only person on this forum that knows about this is vintageAE and I had asked him to keep his mouth shut!

All the cars will be set up to the specifications in the given manuals. The only mods will be titanium turnbuckles and any other parts that may strengthen the car and not change handling characteristics. In order to keep parity, they will all run the same Losi rubber (courtesy of Horizon/Losi). Four rib front and Step pin 2.0 rear tires as they will stretch on modern 2.2 wheels. They will all use the same type of radio, receiver, servo (courtesy of Futaba) brushless 13.5 and esc (courtesy of AE/LRP). Not 100% sure yet but the batteries may be from Reedy but will have fitment issues in the side to side mounting of the original RC10 and the CE! They will all be driven by one driver (AE local hot shot Team Driver Pete Tozser) on a local (Calgary) track.

There will be video and pictures from many angles, on board video, commentary on each car, commentary from the driver while driving each car, AMB lap times, fastest lap, average lap times over 5 minutes.

To date I have completed these runners for the project:

Original RC10, Team Car, Worlds Car (using my queen! :cry: ), B2, B3, B4.

I need to finish:

CE, Graphite, early TQ10 and paint ALL the bodies in box art! :roll: :cry:

This project is consuming much of my time and money and is taking much longer than I ever thought it would. That is why I did not want to say anything! I did not want to make any deadlines to this forum and the public. Horizon, Hobbico and AE are aware of this. As much as I would love to spend every dying minute on buying, fixing, restoring and painting RC10's....I still have a life and it mostly belongs to my family. :mrgreen: So please be patient. 8)

Now you all know! 8)

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

The last post in the thread Murphy pointed out mentions weight. I just weighed Jeremy's RC10 and Josh's B4. There's 9 grams difference. Josh's B4 weighs 1500 grams and Jeremy's RC10 weighs 1509 grams.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Slotcarrod, awesome job. If it is as good as your 25 year segment, which I am sure it will be, it will be worth the wait.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

slotcarrod wrote: This project is consuming much of my time and money and is taking much longer than I ever thought it would. That is why I did not want to say anything! I did not want to make any deadlines to this forum and the public. Horizon, Hobbico and AE are aware of this. As much as would love to spend every dying minute on buying, fixing, restoring and painting RC10's....I still have a life and it mostly belongs to my family. :mrgreen: So please be patient. 8)

Now you all know! 8)
Wow, really cool, I'm excited to read the writeup on this and see the videos.

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

Way to go Rod! Thats a huge undertaking! Im sure the the results will be surprising.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

b4 vs original viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1371
i always said 6gears can handle some motor... they are running a 10 turn in the shoot out... i bet they ran the 6 gear cause the stealth would have been just as fast as the b4... that would have been bad for b4 sales :roll:

cmain
Approved Member

Post by cmain »

When I run my team car it is around 5 to 8 seconds off my b4 times over 5min race so they are very close. My fastest lap was acctualy turned by the old rc10 but it is just not as forgiving as the b4 you have to drive it more if that makes any sense :D

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

ill be following this, unreal guys cant wait to read some results and watch the vids :D

JeremyH

Post by JeremyH »

Lap for lap a RC10 is right up there with a B4. I just TQ'd and won a state race with 27 other B4s and Kyosho RB-5s with my RC10. It really just comes down to the driver just like in any race.