Currently Playing

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

nvxwax
Approved Member

Re: Currently playing.

Post by nvxwax »

The mood for today...

[youtube]Wws7mnMewPw[/youtube]

[youtube]2x3y7fwmaFQ[/youtube]

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Recently? Foo Fighters "Wasting Light" entire cd is incredible. Dave Grohl is a true genius(and don't forget his work with Tenacious D). 8)

[youtube]4PkcfQtibmU&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

[youtube]ebJ2brErERQ&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

transamman908
Approved Member

Post by transamman908 »

[youtube]hii17sjSwfA[/youtube]
If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

And let's not forget the importance of how we listen to our music. Please don't settle for $20 headphones or laptop speakers. :cry: Invest in the things you love(like R/Cs). :wink:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:And let's not forget the importance of how we listen to our music. Please don't settle for $20 headphones or laptop speakers. :cry: Invest in the things you love(like R/Cs). :wink:

No doubt!!

old house

new house

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

transamman908 wrote:[youtube]m6ybOWEsD28[/youtube]

I had a fellow RC'er who played in bands in the 80's and 90's tell me to give this band a listen, but never did 'till now. I like!

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Recently? Foo Fighters "Wasting Light" entire cd is incredible. Dave Grohl is a true genius(and don't forget his work with Tenacious D). 8)

[youtube]4PkcfQtibmU&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

[youtube]ebJ2brErERQ&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Both of those songs and especially the videos are pure genius! I can only imagine hangin' with those guys for a night...

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

For the short attention spanners, give yourself some time to check this one out. Zappa Plays Zappa. Dweezil put together a band a few years back to go on tour and play Franks music. This has to be one of the most versatile bands I've seen to date. Steve Vai played with Frank for a few years. The entire show is absolutely golden if you ever check it out.

[youtube]j77lbRGfZzo[/youtube]

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i've been on an ozzy kick the last few days.....

[youtube]ln2Ce6qL1Hs[/youtube]

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

I blame scr8p for this one...haven't been able to get away from it since he posted it in another thread.
[youtube]2aJUnltwsqs[/youtube]
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

scr8p wrote:i've been on an ozzy kick the last few days.....
I’m always on an Ozzy kick. I’ve seen him twice here in town and it’s always cracked me up that you can understand him clear as day when he sings, but not when he speaks. :?

Bob, Nice system. :mrgreen: I went with a Yamaha receiver and Paradigm speakers and sub. A guy in my bowling league works at a local shop and hooked me up big time before he left town to get married to some rich chick. Got it all at cost. I’d post a pic, but I’m at week 3(with at least 4 to go :roll: ) at a hotel due to a lightning strike. Which also means I may have to replace all appliances. All new stuff might sound great to some, but I had mine just the way I liked it. Luckily I had procrastinated on switching to cheaper insurance so everything is covered with zero depreciation. :mrgreen:

As for headphones I like the Bose earbuds. :wink: Their range is incredible and for $99 they’re a bargain if you really appreciate music. Bose makes nice home systems too, but they don’t shake the foundation the way Paradigm does. :shock:

A lightning strike is bad luck, but the fire dept and insurance adjuster both said that by all rights my house should’ve burned down. Thank god for blown insulation! Just electrical damage.

Not to mention the hotel just happens to be in front of the lake that the r/c boat guys race on. Nice turnouts and I live on an 8 acre lake, but I still just can’t get into boats. :? If I did I think I’d prefer a Tugboat. 8)
Ken

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

askbob wrote:Both of those songs and especially the videos are pure genius! I can only imagine hangin' with those guys for a night...
I wouldn't be giving the Foo Fighters or Grohl full credit for that "Walk" video until first seeing the movie "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas. It's a blatant rip-off of every plot element in that movie. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Coelacanth wrote:
askbob wrote:Both of those songs and especially the videos are pure genius! I can only imagine hangin' with those guys for a night...
I wouldn't be giving the Foo Fighters or Grohl full credit for that "Walk" video until first seeing the movie "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas. It's a blatant rip-off of every plot element in that movie. :)
I think "spoof" is a more appropriate term, but you are correct. :wink:
Ken

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
scr8p wrote:i've been on an ozzy kick the last few days.....
I’m always on an Ozzy kick. I’ve seen him twice here in town and it’s always cracked me up that you can understand him clear as day when he sings, but not when he speaks. :?

Bob, Nice system. :mrgreen: I went with a Yamaha receiver and Paradigm speakers and sub. A guy in my bowling league works at a local shop and hooked me up big time before he left town to get married to some rich chick. Got it all at cost. I’d post a pic, but I’m at week 3(with at least 4 to go :roll: ) at a hotel due to a lightning strike. Which also means I may have to replace all appliances. All new stuff might sound great to some, but I had mine just the way I liked it. Luckily I had procrastinated on switching to cheaper insurance so everything is covered with zero depreciation. :mrgreen:

As for headphones I like the Bose earbuds. :wink: Their range is incredible and for $99 they’re a bargain if you really appreciate music. Bose makes nice home systems too, but they don’t shake the foundation the way Paradigm does. :shock:

A lightning strike is bad luck, but the fire dept and insurance adjuster both said that by all rights my house should’ve burned down. Thank god for blown insulation! Just electrical damage.

Not to mention the hotel just happens to be in front of the lake that the r/c boat guys race on. Nice turnouts and I live on an 8 acre lake, but I still just can’t get into boats. :? If I did I think I’d prefer a Tugboat. 8)

Man that sucks! Hope you get everything ironed out. I have a friend whos house was hit by lightning several years ago and took out every appliance in his house. Luckily, he was able to "upgrade" almost everything. I was able to take his non-working 3 month old, 50", $2500 TV at the time, and have it repaired for $230! Something to think about before you haul off your old stuff...

I have had my Klipsch gear for 4 years now, and don't think I'll ever trade my RF-7's for anything else. I got most everything at a steal of a price. I'm moving again in a couple months and I'm finally going to have the 130" screen I've been wanting for some time, but haven't had the room for.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

I need a little Panic today! I've seen these guys over a dozen times since '92. One band that just never gets old with me.

[youtube]ZoFNXNtrMDw&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]8icU06k3CCs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]