RC and BMX dont mix

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tim.sanderson
Approved Member

Re: Chick hit by rc truck

Post by tim.sanderson »

Lowgear wrote:Yeah, its pretty old. I forget the story behind it.
lol, we'll have to ask Jeff to give some background on it next time he's on here.

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Re: RC and BMX dont mix

Post by Mindwarp »

I really don't understand the stance some of you are taking by saying it's her fault, she was asking for it.

I guarentee that NONE of you would feel that way if it was your daughter, sister etc. And don't give me that 'my daughter would be smart enough not to be there, blah blah blah.' bullshit either.

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: Chick hit by rc truck

Post by Lowgear »

Halgar more or less summed it up. She allegedly instigated the whole thing but it didn't give them the right to hit her with the truck even if it was by 'accident.'

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Mindwarp.
If my wife, daughter or even son had been riding there bikes at that facility with a bunch of dudes driving there nitro trucks I would tell them to stay clear of where they were driving.
These vehicles are fast, heavy and definitely noisy. You'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to know they were in operation in that facility. Earlier footage showed the woman getting peeved when the truck was being driven where she wanted to ride. I don't support anyone wanting to use their r/c as a weapon but it was pretty obvious she should have used her smarts and stayed clear of that area.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

J.M. wrote:Mindwarp.
If my wife, daughter or even son had been riding there bikes at that facility with a bunch of dudes driving there nitro trucks I would tell them to stay clear of where they were driving.
These vehicles are fast, heavy and definitely noisy. You'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to know they were in operation in that facility. Earlier footage showed the woman getting peeved when the truck was being driven where she wanted to ride. I don't support anyone wanting to use their r/c as a weapon but it was pretty obvious she should have used her smarts and stayed clear of that area.
My point exactly. Because SHE wanted to be a problem child, SHE put herself in harms way. There is no amount of care on the part of the rest of the world that will save a moron from imminent danger. She knew full well that there was an rc, if not multiple rcs in the area and it was her choice to put herself in a situation of getting hit. Having a lack of brains or common sense does not make her stupidity the fault of those around her.

She also wasn't wearing a helmet or other protective gear, if she had creamed by another bike rider and gotten a injured, was it the other biker's fault because she wasn't wearing safety gear? Maybe it's the property owner's fault that she wasn't wearing protective gear? Maybe the bike manufacturer should be held liable for not putting a protective cage on the bike to protect her, or forgot to put labels on the bike that it's dangerous to ride a bike in a public place?
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Halgar wrote: She also wasn't wearing a helmet or other protective gear
First thing that came to my mind, but it is obvious as to why.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I just wish her shirt had gotten caught in the rear tire and freed those sweater cows! :P

As to the other comments, it looked staged to me so no harm really. I'm guessing stunt-double in a wig. You can see his mustache if you look close enough... :lol: But seriously, why would that chick be riding that bike and acting like that... had to be staged. Then again the internet has made me a constant skeptic. :?
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I just wish her shirt had gotten caught in the rear tire and freed those sweater cows! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

Halgar wrote:
J.M. wrote:Mindwarp.
My point exactly. Because SHE wanted to be a problem child, SHE put herself in harms way. There is no amount of care on the part of the rest of the world that will save a moron from imminent danger. She knew full well that there was an rc, if not multiple rcs in the area and it was her choice to put herself in a situation of getting hit. Having a lack of brains or common sense does not make her stupidity the fault of those around her.

She also wasn't wearing a helmet or other protective gear, if she had creamed by another bike rider and gotten a injured, was it the other biker's fault because she wasn't wearing safety gear? Maybe it's the property owner's fault that she wasn't wearing protective gear? Maybe the bike manufacturer should be held liable for not putting a protective cage on the bike to protect her, or forgot to put labels on the bike that it's dangerous to ride a bike in a public place?
U mad bro? Geez :roll:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Mindwarp wrote:U mad bro? Geez :roll:
Nope, not at all, just providing a different perspective to the event. 8)
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

I think the THUMBER summed it up best :mrgreen:
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

I just wish her shirt had gotten caught in the rear tire and freed those sweater cows!
I love it! Brilliant call.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

I gotta say Nitro trucks definately arent my thing and I certainly dont entertain the idea of anyone behaving irresposibly with their use.

Saying this, it seems the driver/drivers of these trucks weren't using them out in the street or in a public park with scores of children running around. If these guys were using them in a manor in which they were menacing to the public then I would say it would not be cool at all.

This silly woman was asking for trouble. Any person with the slightest of common sense would know better than to ride (and without a helmet mind you) around a bunch of guys with R/C vehicles like this. It honestly looks as though she has decided to stick her heels in and ride that course no matter what came her way.

Fact is, something did.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

J.M. wrote:she has decided to stick her heels in and ride that course no matter what came her way.
My kind o' lady! :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

rhino1
Approved Member

Post by rhino1 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
J.M. wrote:she has decided to stick her heels in and ride that course no matter what came her way.
My kind o' lady! :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those are my toys and no I will not share!