Ebay sucks

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

esaresky75
Approved Member

Re: Ebay sucks

Post by esaresky75 »

Also....

Preventing the 21-Day hold

In all cases, your buyer satisfaction rating must be greater than 95%. A dissatisfied buyer is one who (a) leaves negative or neutral feedback or (b) files a PayPal dispute / seller non-performance dispute or (c) leaves a 1 or 2 star rating in any of the detailed seller ratings categories. More than 5% buyer dissatisfaction automatically subjects you to the PayPal 21-day hold.

Other than having a buyer satisfaction rating greater than 95% you also either have to

(a) have been an eBay member for more than 6 months and you have 100 feedback or more, or
(b) you will need to have received 20 or more detailed seller ratings in the last 12 months.

eBay sellers who are relatively new (less than 100 feedback or member less than 6 months) or who have had little activity in the last year (fewer than 20 DSRs in the last 12 months) are, therefore, automatically subjected to the PayPal 21-Day hold even if their buyer satisfaction rating is greater than 95%.

So it looks like those that sell an item here and there are held to a 21-day hold on your received funds. If you sell on on constant basis as I do are not held to the 21-day rule.
Burn more coal - UnderGroundMiners.com

esaresky75
Approved Member

Post by esaresky75 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I just realized that I got neutral feedback on the one that didn't pay! :shock:
WTF?? :lol: I don't care either way, just cracks me up. :lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170773899858

Any suggestions? I'll let them back out, but seriously?? :lol:
If you contact ebay (as per the link/info I posted above) and in a polite manner explain the situation and ask them to review the neutral comment, they should see you did nothing to deserve the rating or could have prevented it.
Let us know how it turns out.
Burn more coal - UnderGroundMiners.com

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Where were you last Sunday!!! :lol:

I'm just going to take my toys and go home. I will just buy from now on. I was only selling these items because my PS3 caught fire after a lightning strike and I have no use for them. :shock: :lol: The unpaid items I am just going to donate to the Boys and Girls Club. Make some good from a bad situation.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

GAMMACRUSH wrote:I heard you can get the funds sooner if you message the buyer and tell them to leave you good feedback as soon as they receive the item.
now THAT is an annoying as hell rule! Nothing worse than someone wanting their money sending you emails everyday,sometimes multiple times trying to get feedback out of you before the part are even to me. Worse yet are the ones that sell something and try to hold it before sending to get feedback :lol: ...for those I just send back "LOL" and wait patiently for my parts.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I logged into ebay one last time for the night before going to watch maybe one "Strangers In Danger" off the DVR 8) (my 1/2 hr of tv for the week), when I found this message! :shock: Salt in the wound!! :lol:

Cha-Ching????? WHEN? In 3 weeks??? :lol: Oh man, I seriously laughed out loud on that one. :roll: :lol:

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

That picture was snapped right after the auction but before he checked his paypal :lol:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

But again, if you link you Paypal to a real land based bank account, there is nothing to wait for- just open a $25 dollar "hobby" account. It's really simple-

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

esaresky75 wrote: eBay sellers who are relatively new (less than 100 feedback or member less than 6 months) or who have had little activity in the last year (fewer than 20 DSRs in the last 12 months) are, therefore, automatically subjected to the PayPal 21-Day hold even if their buyer satisfaction rating is greater than 95%.

So it looks like those that sell an item here and there are held to a 21-day hold on your received funds. If you sell on on constant basis as I do are not held to the 21-day rule.
Great to see that my loyalty to f-me-over-bay (100% positive feedback member since dec 1998) still puts me in the deadbeat, users-to-watch pool. Their policies and screw everyone "customer" service is just abhorrent.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Charlie don't surf wrote:But again, if you link you Paypal to a real land based bank account, there is nothing to wait for- just open a $25 dollar "hobby" account. It's really simple-
Au contraire grasshopper, you might think that, but then what about when you owe fleabay their fees and PayPal happily sucks it out of your linked checking account, and those charges exceed the $25 balance? Believe me it happens.

I would sooner emblazon my social security number on the side of my car than link paysuck to any of my accounts.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

My account is linked to a bank account, but that doesn't get you the money any faster. I sent a cancellation request on the unpaid item. That will cancel the fees and the feedback. My other item looks set to deliver today. I didn't contact the buyer about anything. It's not their fault that the policy sucks and I'm not going to badger them over it. I'm curious to see how long it really takes to see the money. It's more of an oddity to me now more than anything.
Ken

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Don't get me wrong. A simple request for the feedback once its delivered is OK with me.

The last guy didn't even have it sent yet and asked if I could post feedback for him so he could have enough money to ship a $4 shock tower :roll: . Which in turn I heard from him sometimes twice or three times a day til I got it to get his feedback for him. Once I got it it wasn't what he said it was (crappy picture) but for $7 overall I sure wasn't gonna deal with that again :wink:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

flipwils11 wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:But again, if you link you Paypal to a real land based bank account, there is nothing to wait for- just open a $25 dollar "hobby" account. It's really simple-
Au contraire grasshopper, you might think that, but then what about when you owe fleabay their fees and PayPal happily sucks it out of your linked checking account, and those charges exceed the $25 balance? Believe me it happens.

I would sooner emblazon my social security number on the side of my car than link paysuck to any of my accounts.
Like I said before, open a new account and use it strictly for hobby only- and, you know when your ebay fees are due just like you know when your car payment is due, so you keep the money in your account needed for that payment or transfer that amount into the checking for it. I look at my paypal & linked account like I do our business checking account and deal with it as such. As far as paypal claims- I always leave the cash in place for the duration of time that a claim can be made if it's something sold on ebay- if it's sold to someone here that I have dealt with a few times, it's different.

Paypal does have high fees, and so does ebay- and the customer service and or seller protection is a joke and unless they do something quick it will inevitably collapse the business.
and because I don't sell on the bay..... You better damn well be shilling, or your stuff is getting picked up by someone that is and will get 5-10 times what you did for it.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I'm sure everyone has lost interest in this saga (hell, even I have), but delivery was confirmed and funds availability updated from 2/22/12 to...

So to re-cap... I sent off roughly $150 worth of equipment to a complete stranger for another $10.05. And what do I have to show for it?? Well... the posts in this thread and that's about it. :roll: :?
Ken

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I have had payscrew discussions on here and many other full size car forums and there are usually two camps; those who know payscrew is a racket but also a necessary part of evilbay. We take the necessary precautions to limit exposure to payscrew. The other camp usually has experienced sunshine and daisies with payscrew and think the first camp are alarmists.

Sometimes camp #2 members post a message a few months later to the theme of "I can't believe this happened, payscrew held my funds!!". :roll: It's like my grandmother who won't listen to advice from immediate family but if a nice stranger in church tells her something to watch out for, she'll get it tattooed on her arm.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Damn, I thought I copied my words to ebay about my latest transaction, but the copy and paste failed.

"One day the top brass will stand in the ashes of the empire it created..."

A bunch of $h!+ like that. Very Ibsen. 8) Until I ran out of my 1000 characters. :roll:
Ken