Seabass's ReRe OG Racer

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: Seabass's RE RC10 Build

Post by GoMachV »

Lookin goooood 8)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

You can send me the body on the far right...I will give it a nice home, it will be ran gently (well, as gentle as a maniac driver can be).
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

After dicking around with other cars I decided to get this one going. Will be at the track with this car this weekend. Started changing a few things such as springs, shock oil weight, etc, I feel it is ready for the local track. I did not pick up a set of the JC tires so I will be running those cut and shuts I previously made for the car. I will definitely have to play with the gearing on the car a bit. Took it for a quick run on the road and the gearing is off since those rear tires are so short. Once I get on the track I will play with the gearing to get it where it needs to be.

Savox 1258TG Servo
Tekin RS ESC
Tekin 10.5

I plan on running it with all the stuff that came out of the box. The only mod I did was machine the nose plate so mounting the servo would be easier. Hope to get some pics and video of the car on the track.
Attachments
DSC_1917.jpg
DSC_1918.jpg
DSC_1921.JPG

slow_jun
Approved Member

Re: Seabass's ReRe OG Racer

Post by slow_jun »

Like I just saw the initial post this morning, then when I open again at work, wow... so many followers...
subscribed. :lol: :lol:
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Did not get a chance to post up the results, but ended up second out a field of four cars. Ending results were

1. TLR 22 2.0
2. RC10
3. TLR 22 2.0
4. B4

The car worked good but was super lazy coming out of the corners due to pushing. I basically lost the race in the turns since I had to feather the throttle exiting the corners. I did not get a chance do due much tuning on the car at the track but it was drivable. The cut and shut tires worked good, but I decided to scrap em for some of the JC tires for the car. It should be much easier to deal with now I have proper diameter tires for the rear. Did get pictures but the pictures were super overexposed and did not turn out great. Here are two of the best pics that were captured. (I fixed the exposure problem with the camera so the next pics should be better)

I plan on doing some more testing with the car since I know it is fully capable to put fast, consistent laps down. After a few more runs with the car I will post up what I have for a setup on our medium bite, loamy track.

Jake
Attachments
Race.jpg
Corner.jpg

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

That's awesome Jake! Show those modern cars who their daddy is.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Jake, if your running the kit uprights on the nose (15 degree), that could be a place to start :)
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Yep sure am, and I totally forgot about the others. I will go pick up a set of 30's since the 25's are hard to come by. I am going to keep this a short arm car with the 6 gear. I figure it would be fun to make this one work. I am curious to see how the JC tires work, got them glued up to the OG wheels to keep the same look.

shirochanwrx
Approved Member

Post by shirochanwrx »

Looks amazing. That paint scheme is timeless ... very cool car, must be nice to have a looser track to run on to limit the advantages of newer chassis design which favor glass smooth high grip tracks. I love checking in on your work.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Just wait for the next update :wink: if all goes well... It will be pretty awesome
Factory Works website